BLT

colaiscute

Looks like Benitec will be a house hold name in no time

http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/21548.aspx

Called an shRNA library, it is a resource that allows researchers to "knock down" or deplete a gene of interest. By turning off a gene and observing the consequences, scientists can gain insight into that geneÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s role in the biological process. This library will provide the Washington University research community with the tools to study human disease in a mouse model at a much lower cost.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my guess is the rnai side of this would still be using same ddRNAi technology used in the trial, not

a synthetic siRNA. They are building upon the previous study, not chucking it out.

but to what extent this the new study includes benitec as a partner - no idea, other than

you'd think we'd have been advised by now if they were partnering this.

the timing of the CoH ann, and the activity in benitec over last 2 days, are intruiging.

What's happening with the stem cell and T cell trials in light of this CoH ann. In the bin,

found a partner as per the last advice, or continuing the studies into next phase??

Given the CoH's satisfaction with the HIV stem cell safety trial results, are CoH able to

say this new approach is a quantum leap advance and thus get a big pharma on board?

Hence the localised but very confident buying spree of the last 2 days?

All speculation in the finest SS tradition of course..

Do you know much about patents being given secrecy?

The SEC is handing out confidentiality notices like confetti so the reporting of these companies is left full of holes of which we know nothing about.

The FDA is an interminable black hole but the USPTO we are led to believe is paragon of virtuous transparency...I don't think so.

So the question is, what if there is a patent out there that blows everything else away when it comes to efficacy and tolerability. At this point, I am reminded of the so called Watson patent Enumerate (whose absence is noted for someone so keen on BLT and PYC) and Dirk briefly discussed. For the life of me, I cannot find anything relating to RNAi assigned to or invented by or any other key word search attributed to a Watson in any jurisdiction or at WIPO.

If there is one, I believe it would be in ssRNAi. ALNY handed that project back to ISIS just before Xmas and it is ISIS who are the dominant partners in Regulus. ddRNAi may end up being the poor cousin...I hope not though. Much rather see it sold for a bomb.

So to paraphrase Rumsfeld, there are things we know we know, things we don't know we know and there are things we know we don't know.

What does that make the BLT investor?

* We know what we know (good, because we are aware and confident).

* We don't know that we know (bad, because we lack awareness and confidence).

* We know what we don't know (good, because we are humble and motivated).

* We don't know what we don't know (bad, because we are ignorant and vulnerable).

It is sanguine at best to ask questions like,

-Why did SM bail out?

-Why has Enumerate stopped coming here when at one time he was happy to be the "guiding light" leading us to who knows where?

-Why is there such a focused effort by BLT proponents to hype the value of the BLT patent estate when we now know courtesy of the Adder (once again), that any worthwhile patent will be applied for in secret?

-Why is it BLT management refuse to name their advisors yet dole out stock hand over fist to them in lieu of cash? Citigroup comes to mind here and any company under their aegis will leave shareholders poorer than what they should've been IMHO.

-Why is it not a single exec. holds actual stock? Although this may be moot given the recent Appendix 3B filings but don't think we'll ever know considering the lax disclosure by these people.

yesterday was the extended deadline for Carnegie Institute to respond to EPO on the third party

observation by CSIRO (stating De Feyter's work was prior art to Fire's application for an EPO patent)

Haven't seen any response from Carnegie Institute - looks like another line might have been blown

wide open by the boys from down under

Why has Enumerate stopped coming here when at one time he was happy to be the "guiding light" leading us to who knows where?

[/quote=Plastic]

Ehhhmmm, I'm still here.

I would point out that I have been perfect consistent on BLT - they did the CSIRO deal, they got the Graham '099, the La Jolla boys have really screwed the shareprice.

For what it is worth, I am rebuilding a large position in BLT.

You guys are doing a fine job of finding the news, interpreting the technology, analysing the prospects ... I am happy to lurk.