SMN - STRUCTURAL MONITORING SYSTEMS PLC

mminion

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nipper,

Yep, a bit of a roller coaster recently.

I’m still under water- it’s all about timing ?

Having said that, I’m confident that things are starting to come together & believe that we’ve turned a corner.

Lots of volume recently & possibly starting to appear on more radars out there.

Cheers

Dr_Dazmo

• 1 month later...

Structural Monitoring Systems is seeking to raise $22.6 million in an equity raising via Evolution Capital, split into a $10 million placement and $12.6 million rights issue, according to terms sent to potential investors.

New shares were on offer at 62¢ each, which was a 36 per cent discount to the last close.

The placement would see 16.1 million new shares issued, while the rights issue was a one for six non renounceable deal for another 20.3 million shares.

Funds raised would be used for working capital and strategic debt optimisation according to terms sent to potential investors, as well as future acquisitions & capex requirements.

• 1 month later...

posted elsewhere about SMN: (hat-tip access)

Once again delayed by FAA requesting minor adjustments in paperwork of the procedure manual. Has been an excellent opportunity for other shareholders and myself to top up our holdings while waiting. Well passed the stage where the process is acceptable to FAA. Just awaiting the announcement.

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2021 at 8:08 PM, nipper said:

Structural Monitoring Systems is seeking to raise $22.6 million in an equity raising via Evolution Capital, split into a $10 million placement and $12.6 million rights issue, according to terms sent to potential investors.

New shares were on offer at 62¢ each, which was a 36 per cent discount.

and SMN going to the market again? In a Trading Halt, pending an update on the proposed capital raising.

The SP has bounced around, has run from 40c to 90c then the cap raise, then back to 60c returned to $1, dropped down to 55c and was 72c last week.

... . .  .  . ...... .. . . .

because, interestingly, in October, this was pulled. postponed till January. I doubt 73c will be attained, this time around

Company intend[ed] to conduct a capital raising of $10 million predominantly by way of a NonRenounceable Rights Issue to existing shareholders at $0.73 per share (being a 25% discount to the last closing price of $0.97) subject to requisite shareholder approvals and prevailing market conditions.

• 1 month later...

as the Market Sensitive Announcement states:

Breakthrough FAA Certification

FAA has granted its authority to issue a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval, for using CVM™ Sensor technology on the B737-800 Intelsat (Gogo) WiFi antenna support structure inspection. This approval marks an extraordinary milestone in aviation history, the first ever in the world regulatory agency approved sensor technology validated and certified for detecting critical structural cracks on aircraft.

was in a trading halt until start of Feb, opened about 50c and now above $1.00; got to $1.35 on the news.

Plus a bit of renewal with the Board

Hi Nipper,

Haven’t posted for a while, but good to see we’ve finally got the FAA approval.

Looking forward to seeing the first of many sales agreements now that Rich has an (approved) product to sell!

I was also very pleased to see in the announcement today that “The revenue model goal for SMS remains to provide point-of-sales and to provide licensing agreements for use of the test equipment (PM200).”

(To me) this suggests that license payments will be generated each time the sensors are tested - more applications, more testing, more revenue!

Cheers

Dr_Dazmo

Hi All,

Had a quick look & as of 2021, Delta Airlines had a fleet of 77 Boeing 737-800 in their stable.

Their website indicates that all are fitted with Intelsat (GoGo) 2ku wifi.

Given the existing relationship between SMS & DAL, I assume these will be the first candidates for CVM installation?

Cheers

Dr_Dazmo

https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/inflight-entertainment/onboard-wifi

https://simpleflying.com/delta-fleet-2021/amp/