CUV - CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED

colaiscute

In reply to: traveler on Wednesday 16/08/06 12:31am

I think we would all agree on one thing and that is if CUV just kept investors up to date on things even if it is by updating us on the wesite we would all be much happier.Instead CUV seem to say things and not deliver and also they seem to let certain people know what is going on instead of all of us.Remember the AGE found out stuf before investors and we never did hear who,why and what was done about that leak.I rang a company yesterday and the CEO spoke to me for about 20 mins and at the end of the conversation he gave me his mobile number and said call anytime if i have a question and i will do my best to answer it if permitted under law.CUV can't even reply to an email with an answer from a question as simple as when will your webste be fully up and running.CUV are trying to p^SS us off so we sell and the big insto's can snap up the share's and get rid of us.I ain't going to $5 or $0 so CUV pick your act up.

• Replies 51.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• royco

• Kiwi1

• seeva222

• Reality Check

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (WHISTLER7 @ Tuesday 15/08/06 04:43pm)

I'll go out on a limb here.

I now think we're going to get some good news in the next few weeks, but there will be more delays.

Delays are bad enough, but it's better than this whole thing imploding on us. With a high risk penny stock like this, keeping the dream alive is the starting place.

It dawned on me this morning that when the vultures start coming here and reveling in the purported demise of the project, then something good usually comes our way.

Don't worry about me drumming up a lawsuit.That would be a last resort.

I am under no illusion as to the hurdles involved in instigating a lawsuit of this callibre(not to mention the financial cost and time involved).

Then if you lose...well no need to go there.

As I say,it would only be a last resort and I would have to have a cast iron case before I would proceed.

However if this company continues to make misleading statements and we all know the list is as long as your arm,or if something unthinkable occurs like the technology being hijacked by somebody else through less than ethical means then I won't hesitate.

I still believe in the technology and I still believe there is hope,but boy does Mr Wolgen have to do some quick footwork.

I still think what I said the other day regarding keeping 1647 of the radar screen from speculators as a "barbie" drug is what he is attempting to achieve.I will reiterate again.Mr Wolgen wants that tittle GONE and that may be the reason for the lack of PR at present.

Think about it,whenever there is an article on 1647 in the media they jump straight on the "barbie" drug tag and I can assure you he cringes when he reads those articles.

He is keeping things quiet until he can flood the market place with the kind of information he wants out there to maximise the chances of approval.That's the way I'm reading it anyway.

In reply to: woteva on Wednesday 16/08/06 10:56am

The news that should come oneday soon would have to be very informative as it has taken them long enough to get all the info together.Will it be news of value or will it be just more dribble on what we they going to do rather than what they have done.Do any of you think there will be another share givaway and who would of thought that all this time on since the generous 33c placement for us that the SP would be lower than then.Millen did thats why he told us to buy it's a great offer.

This will blow you away (read the newsstory below). I was stunned when I read it.

I knew L'oreal was working on this research, but I never thought they'd actually develop such a product....my God, they can now reverse grey hair...so is it really that far-feteched to think 1647 will one day be on the market?

>>>>>>>>

Researchers at the French company Loreal have made a breakthrough discovery that will lead to a new treatment for gray hair. The condition that 100% of all humans will suffer from is now reversible, thanks to the discovery of malfunctioning hair cells known as melanocytes. The team has also identified two genes which determine whether a person's hair will lose its color and at what point in life, which all has resulted in the promotion of a new drug.

The new drug that will be called ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“PromelÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ will reactivate dormant melanocyte cells to their original state and the hair will return to itÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s original color. The drug to be taken once daily should begin to work in about 3 to 5 weeks, but because hair grows slowly, about 5ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ per year, the average person will not see noticeable results for 2 to 4 months.

The average male starts to see gray hair by the time they are 30 and females usually start around the age of 35. On average most people are about

50% gray by the time they are 50, but there are various reasons why a person can go grey early, including medical conditions like A B-12 deficiency, a thyroid imbalance, anemia, along with many other conditions that can cause premature graying. Recently there is also been evidence that smokers are 4 times more likely to go gray prematurely.

The new drug is believed to be 85% effective and will be introduced in parts of Europe first, and later in the US in the first half of 2007.April 17, 06ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“This is the first major advancement in the field of anti-aging therapy, and the most exciting and visible use of such a productÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

In reply to: fatsoh on Saturday 19/08/06 12:53am

I am now thinking that press release is a hoax. There is only one source for it, and The Daily Mail had a similar article on L'oreal's reasearch, but said 5-10 years off, which is what the L'oreal scientists said 10 years ago!

So take the original article with a grain of salt. I emailed L'oreal, we'll see if they respond.

>>>>>>>

Could a drug banish grey hair once and for all?

by ROBIN YAPP, Daily Mail

11:32am 3rd April 2006

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚» Some, including Hollywood heartthrob Richard Gere, appear to be quite content about it. But millions of others would rather dye than admit they are going grey.

For those who spend a fortune on hair colouring, however, help could one day be at hand.

Scientists have made a breakthrough which could lead to drug treatments that permanently restore grey hair to its original shade. Researchers at the cosmetics company L'Oreal have found that the pigment cells which give hair its colour often survive long after people turn grey, but no longer function properly.

Dr Bruno Bernard, who led the research, says it should be possible to 'reawaken' these cells, known as melanocytes, stimulating the hair into returning to its natural colour.

The team believes it has also identified two genes which influence whether a person's hair will lose its colour and at what stage of life, which they hope will provide targets for drugs designed to revive the dormant cells.

"We have established that though white hair is due to a progressive loss of melanocytes in the follicle, this does not mean there are absolutely no melanocytes remaining," said Dr Bernard.

"This is very important because as long as a few melanocytes are there we could reverse the whitening process by reactivating these cells."

Hair typically darkens from the early years of life into adulthood before starting to fade as melanocytes, which are found in every follicle from which hair grows, gradually start to switch off and die.

Dr Bernard, who is based in Paris, said his team are studying a number of genes that may be involved in loss of hair colour.

"One may be involved in early whitening around the age of 20, while the other could be involved in chronological whitening that appears later."

Britons now spend around ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚£ 4billion a year on hair products ranging from shampoos and gels to dyes - equal to ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚£67 for every person. The apparent breakthrough follows a study of 13,000 French volunteers aged between 35 and 60, who have been tracked for eight years, during which time many of them turned grey or lost their hair.

Experts say the findings suggest that there is also a genetic element involved in balding and they hope that further research will create a better understanding of hair loss which could also lead to treatments for baldness.

Dr Bernard revealed the results, which he says are due to be published in a scientific journal later this year, at the Natural History Museum's new exhibition, Hair, which opens on Saturday and is sponsored by L'Oreal.

He said it was feasible that a pill, or a cream to be applied to the head, to reverse the greying process could be on the market in five to ten years.

"I'm very confident that one day we can see the end of grey hair. You would probably have to use it over a period of time to reach all the hair follicles but not for ever."

However, Dr John Gray, of the independent research group the Oxford Hair Foundation, said that while identifying the genes involved in greying hair was a step forward, the idea that a pill or lotion could restore colour was yet to be proved.

QUOTE (traveler @ Saturday 19/08/06 01:10am)

Yep, some jerk took the original L'oreal research breakthough news, stretched the truth, made up a product name, and even created an image of a pill with the name "Promel."

Their purpose was to get Google ad sense traffic revenue on various sites.

There is a good lesson here. As 1647 gets closer to approval (if ever), there will be similar additional hoax press releases put out by shysters in order to get website traffic.

In reply to: traveler on Saturday 19/08/06 04:24pm

So who wants to guess when we will hear some news from CUV and what it will be.There must be a milestone due soon as that clock is running out of time.If there was some speculation in that report you would think CUV would publish something clearing it up and making it right instead they seem happy to let it go.