CUV - CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED

colaiscute

That's a different kind of PDT, unless they're referring to inclusive.

Levulinic acid plus blue light or PDL for Actinic keratoses, and against SCC/BCC. Also used as an anti-aging therapy.

It entails "incubating" the luvulan (photosensitizer) topical on the skin for an hour, then expose to blue light for about 15 minutes. Like a strong peel.

Not the target for afamelanotide, except as a photoprotectant, the ultimate target.

https://www.levulanhcp.com

• Replies 51.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• royco

• Kiwi1

• seeva222

• Reality Check

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think, during a PDT skin rejuvenation session afa doesn't make sense because the melanin absorbs the blue light that is cruical for activating the photosensitizer. However, i can imagine that afa can be useful as an after treatment since the patients are very light sensitive up to four weeks post PDT. Moreover, the skin healing process can be much faster and more efficient with the implant. Just a guess.

PAD, what's ur expert opinion on this?

1. Yes, women especially like to come in for PDT...for cosmetic benefit. For actinic damage, I prefer fluorouracil (efudex). Its cheap and you get a big tube. Treatment is at home and can adjust by duration of treatment or simply by hitting small areas. Great results for prevention and active lesions.

2. Sun sensitivity biggest concern for a couple of days, maybe a week. More concern is getting sun on an area that has become inflamed (scabby/raw).

So its not so much the sensitivity but the wounds. I generally prefer PDT and efudex in winter months for this reason. I don'y think any utility for afamelanotide here.

Again someday as a preventative to sun damage, is the goal.

https://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin-cancer/...y-nonmelanoma#1

What's the Recovery Like?

Your skin will be very red and sore for a few days, like after a sunburn. You'll want to avoid putting anything on it for at least 48 hours. This includes aloe vera, vitamin C and most makeups and moisturizers.

PTD also makes your skin intensely sensitive to light. Because of this, your doctor will advise you to stay indoors as much as you can for the first few days after your treatment. You'll even need to avoid bright indoor light.

Make sure to cover up with protective clothing, glasses and sunscreen when you do go outside. Avoid light-colored concrete, snow or other any other surface where light may be reflected onto your skin.

It's common for any skin that was treated with PDT to blister, scale, or crust before it heals. In about 3 weeks, any scab that's formed should fall off on its own. Make sure to follow up with your doctor. In some cases, you may need more than one PDT session to make sure all the cancer is gone.

PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY (PDT) BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES IN MIAMI, FL

https://www.miamidermlaser.com/before-after...rapy-pdt-miami/

Photodynamic Therapy for Aesthetic-Cosmetic Indications

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29600693/

Hi everyone!

First of all,

thank you, for your priceless investigation, your comments and humor.

I also laugh, smile and suffer with you since mid-2018 and check the Sharecafe several times a day.

Especially after the FDA approval were (for good or bad) I was just paralyzed and had no “cojones†to sell a single share.

But anyway, let me come to the point and please correct me if I’m wrong and this is nonsense….

It appears that to activate and spread the SARS-Cov-2 inside the body, the virus requires a certain protein (ACE2) that is present in all human cell

but especially in endothelial cells. (it seems that the density of ACE2 in each tissue may correlate with the severity of the disease in that tissue)

After the virus enters the lung, the destruction of the lung tissue breaks open some blood vessels which then starts to infect one endothelial cell after endothelial cell creating a local immune response and inflaming the endothelium.

Endothelial cell dysfunction and the consequent loss of (NO) “nitric oxide†enzymes are directly linked to inflammation and damage of blood vessels.

This blood vessel damage could also explain why people with pre-existing conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes,

and heart disease are at a higher risk for severe complications from a virus that’s supposed to just infect the lungs.

https://elemental.medium.com/coronavirus-ma...ng-2c4032481ab2

In summary;

Could the Scientific Communique V be a hint that Scenesse is about to be used to improve endothelial function increasing bioavailability of NO stimulating vaso-protective changes in COVID19 patients and other diseases resulting in a loss of NO production or availability?

“All of the drugs proposed as a potential therapeutic strategy to treat COVID-19 patients have been shown to improve endothelial function,

including tocilizumab, colchicine, chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and famotidineâ€

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/34..._Basic_Evidence

Thanks Verhaven, this is one of the most pleasant reads since a handsome prince woke Sleeping Beauty with a kiss. I was wondering about the slow but steady trickle upwards today..this type of publication does no harm whatsoever!