CUV - CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED

colaiscute

In reply to: zipper on Monday 04/04/05 03:50pm

IP Position

Over the last three years EpiTan has significantly strengthened its patent position

surrounding MELANOTANÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢. EpiTan has followed a strategy of enhancing its patent

position by filing patents based on the results of recent clinical trials. The following is a

list of the key recent patent applications and a summary of the uses of MELANOTANÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢

that are covered. All the patents run for 20 years from the priority date and therefore

should provide protection until at least 2022.

This broad patent estate significantly strengthens EpiTanÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s position. Previous patents

granted based on the Arizona work covering the MELANOTANÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ compound and its

use in melanogenesis will expire in Sept 2006 in the US (and in other international

jurisdictions, up to 2008) and therefore will not provide EpiTan with IP protection after

these dates. The strengthening of the companyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s IP position through the filing of these

additional patents has therefore been a key issue for the company in the past.

However, with the patent position surrounding MELANOTANÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ now strengthened

EpiTan is likely to be able to protect the product from generic competition until at least

THE ABOVE IS FROM THE REPORT JUST RELEASED IN LONDON AND ON EPITAN WEBSITE. SO IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MAKE COMMENTS ON THE PATENTS GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

• Replies 51.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• royco

• Kiwi1

• seeva222

• Reality Check

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is becoming a nightmare. After saying the expected commercialization date was 2005/2006 for so long, they then changed it to 2006/2007 for the past couple years.

I accepted that. But now, just last week, it was bumped back to 2008 in last week's report. NOW, the newest report, just a few days later says 2008/2009.

What? 2009?

This is getting ridiculous. Even with these reports they can't come up with a solid, consistent expected release date even from one week to the next! If they're now saying 2008/2009, you can bet we ain't seeing this marketed before 2009.

No wonder the s/p halved. This kind of stuff will chase away investors in droves.

In reply to: traveler on Tuesday 05/04/05 06:38am

Yes, I agree. I do not understand this at all. I could see the 2008/9 date being about right to serve up the 2nd generation delivery systems for Melanotan, but I thought the slow-release solid injectable would be good to go for 2007. Lemme see here, Epitan now expects Phase III to begin in 2006. It will take a year or so to perform the trial, gather the data, analyze it, and create the report. Then, all this will need to be submitted to the FDA and European health orgs for review. That process could take 6-8 months which puts us at 2008. At that point we need marketing and distribution which probably puts us several months into 2008.

Basically, the whole schedule has been thrown off because of the delay in getting to Phase III. They simply did not have the funding to do it at the time (tried to get a Pharma to come onboard early with a deal they could live with, but no luck) and so, the schedule had to be slipped.

Since they could not yet proceed with Phase III, Epitan simply took the money they did have and went ahead with all the other little trials that they will need anyway to get the 2nd generation Melanotan out the door. My feeling is that because of the schedule slip, by the time they get this thing to market, they will be very close to having their 2nd generation product ready for market as well. Unfortunately, it looks to be a good 3 years from now. That sux! And probably the reason why alot of investors pulled out. There are some doomsayers around who think the company is sunk. I don't -- just a another long wait.

I am very anxious to see what will happen to the SP when they get the AIM listing and also when they release the results of completed and on-going trials. If that doesn't boost the SP, I think it will be at least 2 years before we see any real action again. Anybody agree?

QUOTE (traveler @ Tuesday 05/04/05 07:38am)

I feel your pain....it's also my pain... http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Originally 2005 now to 2009....this is getting rediculous....what else can you say...

Did everyone see the last paragraph of Millen's letter the other day?????

It clearly said ALL Epitan goals to be achieved in 12 to 24 months from AIM listing (2006/2007)......so what is this 2009 garbage!!!!!! http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/grrr.gif

Here is the paragraph. It wont let me cut and paste, or I'd put the whole letter in here...

30 March 2005

I urge you to support this resolution which your Directors believe will place the Company in a strong position to achieve it's goals over the next 12 to 24 months.

Dr Wayne Millen
Chairman

QUOTE (SpookyOz @ Tuesday 05/04/05 07:44am)

Maybe ring them and ask what the hell is going on.I think there are to many reports and things are getting mixed up.I still think that they will pull things out of the hat and supprise us as they have no record of doing what they say they will do and things just pop up and change.The ASX needs to look at the way Epitan release announcements as i don't think they are following the Continuos Disclosure rules.Epitan have had all these reports done and they would have taken time and lots of it.I think they should have announced to the market the change of direction with the AIM as they knew about it months ago.CONTINUOS DISCLOSURE mmmmm.Outside advice on AIM Mmmmm.Leaks and SP fall over the period from when the AIM would have been spoken about mmmm.

QUOTE (WHISTLER7 @ Tuesday 05/04/05 09:00am)

Maybe someone attending the Melbourne meeting in May can read the below quote back to Millen and then mention the 2009 mentioned in the latest report and ask what the hell is going on in front of numerous share holders????

Probably more effective. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/mad.gif

QUOTE (SpookyOz @ Tuesday 05/04/05 08:04am)

No i think it should be explained now.No use me contacting them as i never get a reply.It is false reporting and needs to be fixed and just say you will contact other authorities if you can't get an acceptable answer.

In reply to: SpookyOz on Tuesday 05/04/05 07:44am

Spooky - precisely why I am preparing a long winded report for initial submission with the ASX.

Just looking for a bit of honest effective reporting from this lot.

Not that it will make a difference but I intend to vote no for the AIM proposal.

The motion being defeated might force us into an early Pharma arrangement

and possible capital raising with existing shareholders.

Rather have the certainty of getting to market with a lower royalty than to entrust

this lot with another $37million.

Bottom line - even the latest Edison report lists as a weakness ' Some skepticism over unusual nature of the product and/or previous delays in development '

Their words - not mine!

I'm yet to see them meet a single time line and by the way where are the trial results that they expected to release in March?

Always willing ( and hope ) to be proved wrong on this but we can only judge our management on the outcomes that they achieve.

So far I cant find anything to get excited about at all!

In reply to: endymion96 on Monday 04/04/05 03:42pm

Endymion,

I agree. I thought that the lotion would be 2009 and the implant late 2007.

And I agree that this s/p isn't going to go anywhere for a few years. Rampers can disagree all they want to, but consider that just a few months ago, the market was led to believe that:

1) this would be commercialized in 2007 (just 2 years from now)

2) a JV partnership was going to happen almost certainly sometime later this year.

With that market "knowledge," the s/p couldn't hold $1 even.

So, with the news that this probably won't be commercialized for another 4 years, and that a JV partnership is very much in question, ....this stock is becoming much more speculative.

Like I said before, the technology is there, and the techology warrants investment. But like hbjordan, I am really getting concerned now that these guys might actually screw this up.

And, they with how they seem to be untrustworthy with their statements, I also now wonder if we could have some leaders who could get the company into some kind of legal trouble down the road with this kind of borderline unethical management.

Suddenly, .59 seems right for this given all the factors. The techology is gold. The management is incredibly inept.