EZL - EUROZ HARTLEYS GROUP LIMITED

theflasherman

Am a long way away, and haven't checked the detail myself. But assuming that what you say is correct (I have no reason to doubt it), it does sound a bit on the nose. Surely they will have to get shareholder approval for the placement, at least so far as it has gone to related parties. That will give shareholders a chance to voice their concerns.

I DO like the company though. A very good way to ride the WA boom, and it appears to be well managed.

There are some complexities. As they continually warn, there is downside risk to a market downturn. However, I would rather be with group who is aware of the risk and managing for it.

The placement is likely to increase selling in the stock. Maybe they are trying to widen market support. Their numbers are certainly good, and market cap is increasing.

Demand for the shares should continue to develop.

QUOTE (mondo45 @ Tuesday 03/07/07 02:47pm)

Getting shareholder approval wont be hard, most of the shares are already owned by people within the company(last i checked). Unlikely to vote against the issue of very cheap shares to themselves. Anyway, share price continues to do well, must be the humungus dividend payout (not to the new placement shares).

• 8 months later...

In reply to: strawberry on Thursday 05/07/07 05:49pm

Strange ..Westoz Fund MAnagement buying shares in the parent company over the last few months. I presume the sellers would not have been any of the directors or major shareholders since no notices have been given.

I wonder what the reasoning behind those transactions are. hrumph Western Australia.

In reply to: strawberry on Tuesday 03/07/07 12:49pm

It is interesting that this company has not been hit that hard in share price compared to many other stocks at the moment. I don't own any but would have been prepared to take some if the price dropped as much as other smaller stocks have.

Must agree with you about the stock options for staff, would be nice to have been part of that!

• 4 weeks later...

In reply to: chookboy on Saturday 08/03/08 08:07am

Strawberry/Chookboy, this outfit are very smart, they have collared a goodly proportion of the fund raising for the WA mining boom and done a lot of resource IPO's over the last few years, very profitable listed brokers.

BUT whats been happening these last few days, especially today--up 20%--what about yesterdays volume, any ideas?

• 2 months later...

QUOTE (flower @ Thursday 03/04/08 07:43pm)

Could not understand why EZL had been holding up so well...hmm better check the announcements.

47 cent dividend on a $4.50 stock. profit after tax up 86%. with that dividend, and its history of dividends, this stock has been an absolute pleasure to have as the only stock left in the portfolio.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Should have topped up in retrospect (especially on the options) but who would have thought they would come back this much. The directors of EZL used to be the major shareholders which is one of the reasons i would imagine the dividends are so good. I am sure they would be strutting around Perth in their Lambos :) EZL was one of the very few stocks i held onto (half anyway) before tge last dip so happy to see them back.

• 3 years later...
  • 7 years later...
  • ShareCafe Admin changed the title to EZL - EUROZ HARTLEYS GROUP LIMITED