LMG - LATROBE MAGNESIUM LIMITED

ShareCafe

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really interesting company with a unique technology.

The progect covers Magnesium bearing brown coal ash deposits in the Labtrobe Valley in Victoria.

LMG aims to build an electrolytic magnesium plant in order to process 1.2Mt pa of fly ash from Labtrobe Valley power stations to produce around 100,000t pa of magnesium metal pa.

In dec 02 , LMG was offered a conditional $1.4 m Federal Government grant for costs associated with the Labtrobe Magnesium bankable feasibility study(BFS). In Jan 03 , the Victorian government also announced funding of up to $1.4m for the BFS. With $2.8 m in funding from the Fed and Victorian government , the BFS commenced in the Sept 03 qtr.

The BFS is estimated to take 29 months to be completed.

At a price of 0.01 cents or so, i think in a couple of years will reap big rewards for long term players.

Go and have a read of the web-site.

In reply to: Nobby Clark on Wednesday 30/03/05 05:27pm

Latrobe's aim is to build a magnesium plant producing 100,000t per annum of the lightweight metal from 1.2 million tonne pa of fly ash,a by product of brown coal combustion.

Victoira's Latrobe Valley is home to the states four major power plants-Hazelwood,Yallourn and loy Yang-which contribute 85% of the states power through brown coal. Fly ash from the power plants has been proven to have a magnesium content around 12%.

Latrobe is planning to use Russian technology that has been developed over the past 50 years and is currently in use at four Russian operations producing 80,000tpa of magnesium.

As i have said before this one will go,not to sure when but at 1.1 cents to get on board i think by the time full production takes place which should be late 2010...i will be a multi millionaire with this one............5yrs to wait....not long at all....is it???

Do your own reseach before talking the plunge.

message for minty.

Get the dets off mining news web site.I think its a winner.Just have to wait ,lol.

I got some in .....and looking to get more over time,at these prices, a bargain mate.

If i dont get rich on these then my sons will lol......later nobby http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In reply to: fisminex on Thursday 08/09/05 01:59pm

hi...if u go on the web-site and look under progress u will have your answer.

gd luck i do hold myself...not alot but just a punt amount for long term.Will be a long journey ,but may pay off if your prepared to wait a while. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

In reply to: fisminex on Thursday 08/09/05 01:59pm

Progress

LMG is currently in the process of undertaking a Bankable Feasibility Study (BFS). Both the Victorian and Commonwealth governments have demonstrated their confidence in the project by supporting the BFS with $1.4 million each. The BFS will involve LMG testing the success of the projectÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s advanced Alcan technology. The study will involve establishing an on-site pilot plant using fly ash from the Hazelwood power plant.

Also during the BFS, research and development programs will explore how the process conditions can be further optimised and costs further minimised. Construction of the LMG production plant is expected to be complete by late 2008. LMG plans to have full production underway by late 2010.

hope this helps. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys,

this stock has definitely caught my attention as well!! Definitely a long term buy (3-5 years) for those who are patient. Once the infrastructure is established the share price is going to skyrocket! At the current price its an absolute bargain!!!

there have been a few big huge buyers out there 5mill packages

but it seems that most are slowly accumulating this baby.

100-200k packages.. works out to be $2-3k cash which doesn't look too bad as everyone wants "in" but i guess we're waiting for this to start moving before we buy in bulk.

looking good for monday. =)