CLA - CELSIUS RESOURCES LIMITED.

Guest AJ007

In reply to: The Ferret on Thursday 27/12/07 12:14pm

For sure VRE has been hammered - warranted ? probably not, at the end of the day they are still producers, reduced output or not, and there are plenty of other stocks with higher Sp's doing bugger all and with way less cash in the bank...... http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No looking back from here IMO.

She has been held back/sold off for far too long now - it's time for the cream to rise to the top.

Looking forward to ALL good news ahead with big,big revenue streams attached.

2008 will be the making of View - of that I'm in no doubt.

wrxsti

dodgy activity by insiders selling ALL the shares that they were given on a platter via the placement should really make you wonder..........shouldn't it? Why would you want to keep your money in a company that has deliberately deceived the retail investors?

Happy new year to all!!

In reply to: wrxsti on Monday 31/12/07 12:16pm

Certainly has been looking somewhat stronger. Market depth has been evening out slightly and the sellers have been holding out, unlike before.

I too hope 2008 will be the making of VRE.... but the first half of 08 please. Options expire 30 June. Any more negative news over the next few months and the options

will be ****ed. I'll be stuck with a very large parcel of worthless options http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/sadsmiley02.gif

In reply to: The Ferret on Monday 31/12/07 02:04pm

thats what you get for not paying up and buying the stock. all about risk/reward mate. i never buy stock options, they are for suckers imo. only takes a few hiccups and you can get buggered...

In reply to: Jay on Monday 31/12/07 03:40pm

Of course there is a greater risk, but the rewards from being so leveraged are also much greater, especially once they hit 40 and 20 respectively.

An increase of 10c, from 40c to 50c on VRE represents 25%. As the options are generally pegged to the share price (minus exercise price) the options would rise from 20c to 30c, representing a 50% increase.

I don't think anyone is a sucker for buying (or not buying) options. Just means one person is more or less risk averse than the other.

Are you a sucker because someone more risk averse than you thinks so? Seems a strange way of thinking..... a bit too simplistic for me.

Different people, different strategies, different risk profile. Simple as that.....

I also chose to buy the options. With the oppies gains are magnified. If there's further hiccups and, the share price take a dive and the oppies are worthless then they can be exercised. You'll then be stuck with the suffering FPO's... the same as if you bought the FPO's in the first place. Only difference being you have to outlay less initially to potentially make the same gains.

I think you're being a bit short-sighted Jay.

QUOTE (afroboy @ Monday 31/12/07 04:35pm)

jay spends more of his time on options than the both of you.

he prefers writing options and benefiting from time decay.

i don't always agree with Jay's choice of how he plays a stock but it has been profitable using 7 figure sums. i'm a sucker too cos i buy some company issued oppies from time to time.

holding the options gives you unlimited upside exposure but you need to be aware of how much you are paying for the time left to run. in many instances you are as well off buying on margin (or gearing in another way cfd's) than buying company or exchange traded options and having the benefit of liquidity to allow you a fair exit.

ps. he is just cranky since the weather up there in qld is shite and here in sydney we are getting the good stuff.

In reply to: wolverine on Monday 31/12/07 02:04pm

come to the west coast fella's and you won't remember what bad weather is.