VCR

colaiscute

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding that chart I posted ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦.

Meghan lol no none of those

Henrietta well spotted on the volume

Take another look ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ on that chart, each bar represents several days of trading compressed so that each bar has a minimum of 5 million behind it. So all the little days of small volume are absorbed. Such a chart gives a better indication of where it is going with significant volume. A weekly or monthly chart does a similar thing, although I prefer this style. It gets the trendlines real neat.

Looks like we are making another assault on the 1.50, how many times can we push against that until it falls.

QUOTE (Kings Ransom @ Friday 29/07/05 10:01am)

thanks for the cheery response kings ransom. you must be pleased your superannuation is finally recovering some of its lost ground. i had to wade thru a few of your posts to find what you could have given freely.

i presume you mean this post

AEGIS is confused.

On their research pages under consensus they give VCR a strong buy updated 26/11/2004 similar to HSBC.
On another page they have their sell and valuation at 1.26.

Make up your own mind.

do you understand how the consensus page recommendation occurs? it seems in a previous post you have almost got it.

What sort of methodology is there in the Financial advice industry when:

AEGIS can value VCR @ $1.26.
ABN amro @ $3.09
eGcapital @ $2.52

a lot of disguised subjection, methinks.

consensus refers to the sum total of other opinions supplied by Thompson Financial in the case of BHP 13 brokers are used. at the time presumably 3 were being used for the consensus and given the higher valuation of ABN's and eG's then the consensus had to be a buy.

personally, i find that completely transparent. ie. here is what we think and here is how it compares to others. hardly two faced.

their process is straightforward if a stock is trading above their valuation by a given percentage it is a sell. quite simple. they have rules and stick to them.

furthermore they commonly have in house fundamental and technical analysts at odds. they note this.

it is merely a tool, nothing more nothing less.

in the short term they are clearly wrong on this stock but the factors they identified are issues that are worth keeping tabs on. i hope you make a heap of money on em.

In reply to: Kings Ransom on Friday 29/07/05 07:43pm

their consensus ratings are useful when many brokers are surveyed, when only a few the reliability is decreased. from memory there were three brokers used in the consensus back when you raised it, however if you are sure that 1 broker was surveyed then i defer to your memory.

hardly two faced from where i sit.

if you were in a hurry to go to uni then i fully understand, i always crawled out of bed at the last moment......the only way to go.

Quote from sunshine.

(SHC) Sunshine announces heart device update

29-Jul

Medical investigators at Auckland City Hospital have provided an update on the long-term pilot clinical trial of Sunshine HeartÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s C-Pulse heart assist device.

Sadly, the first patient who received the C-Pulse device 4 May, 2005 died eleven and a half weeks after implant due to multi-organ failure unconnected with the CPulse device.

This patient had a 15-year history of heart failure, with concomitant diabetes in addition to chronic kidney and liver failure. He had been assessed as not suitable for heart transplantation. Sunshine Heart reported in May that the operation to implant the device was successful, and the patient was subsequently discharged home with the device performing well.

No device-related complications such as stroke, infection, bleeding, re-operation or device failure were observed throughout the follow-up period of nearly three months.

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“While it is unfortunate to lose any patient, the autopsy confirms that the patientÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s death was unconnected with the C-Pulse device. Prior to his death, the patient reported that the device made his breathing easier. We are continuing the process of implanting further C-Pulse devices in suitable patients in the pilot study,ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ Chief investigative surgeon, Dr Paget Milsom said.

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“This study is designed to primarily test the safety of the C-Pulse device in the treatment of heart failure. Such trials necessarily start with very sick patients. It is only through this process that the medical community can gain the confidence to use new procedures and devices in less sick patients,ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ Dr William Peters said, Medical Director of Sunshine Heart Inc.

In reply to: 10fingers on Friday 29/07/05 10:06pm

Sunshine dims but limits damage after death

By Rebecca Urban

Biotechnology Reporter

July 30, 2005

Page Tools

Email to a friend Printer format

Shares in Sunshine Heart experienced heavy trading after the company announced the first patient to receive its heart assist device had died almost three months after receiving the implant.

The New Zealander, aged 56, died last Sunday because of multi-organ failure.

An autopsy found that his death was not connected to the surgery or the company's C-pulse heart assist device.

While almost 600,000 of the company's shares were traded yesterday ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ almost 10 times the total number on issue ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ the share price largely withstood the news, softening just 3ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ to 30ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢.

The company's director of corporate affairs, Crispin Marsh, said the adverse incident, while sad, would not stop the pilot trial going ahead.

He said the patients to be enrolled were typically very sick and it was expected that some might die.

The first patient had been suffering heart failure for at least 15 years, which was compounded by diabetes as well as kidney and liver problems.

Advertisement

AdvertisementHe died one week before he was due to attend his three-monthly check-up.

The pilot trial is the first time that the device has been left inside the patient. The trial involves six patients.