colaiscute

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: kili on Friday 08/07/05 05:18pm

I find it strange that the closer VCR gets to achieving a milestone, the lower the shareprice moves http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wacko.gif I personally think that when the first US implant is announced that it will be a great movement forward for VCR - especially being a little aussie company trying to make it in the BIG USA.....recognition and positive publicity is what I hope it brings. However the market may not see that.

One positive is that the retracments have been on low volume. So another large volume day could easily see this shareprice back up to $1.72 ......and hopefully enough momentum to go through the glass ceiling at $1.84...... http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

QUOTE (kili @ Friday 08/07/05 05:38pm)

That time/distance reversal in hindsight is codswallop....and besides neither of my calculated dates made sense. Todays bounce off 121 would of been helped by horizontal support at this level...can it surge from here? ...the chart says NO way.

My erratic thought patterns ,,,,too much caffiene explains it.

Id be interested to to know exactly what TA is telling you support at 1.25 is a NO way call?

Ignoring the emense volume on the way up, and the fact VCR are due for US implant any day/week now and for mine it is a long Term support level....RSI dipping?

for mine it could be a buying level? (with an appropriate stop loss of course http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif Ovade)

My advice, swap the coffee for a beer! its Friday

QUOTE (JMH03 @ Friday 08/07/05 09:04pm)

Decending Ema10,20,30 just above / MACD etc.........look I know the US ann is most probably soon and that is probably what is keeping it to a measured pace south... The 125 mark is a horizontal support agreed. But this stock has observed Fibonaccis retracements over the past 5- 6 weeks and the 121 mark bounce reconfirms that for me.Will the 50% retrace hold at 121,,,maybe ,,,,however i don't know how you can call it a buy at 125 with any confidence based on a horizontal support line and hope of a good announcement soon when other T/A are negative. Personally I look for a convergence of many positive factors before I dive in. I like the odds to be overwhelmingly in my favour for a rally and at the mo it ain't so. I need a beer, you're right http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Heart failure major burden on U.S. health

Worcester, Massachusetts, confirm that heart failure is an important cause of death and disability.

As reported in the American Journal of Medicine, Dr. Robert J. Goldberg and colleagues, from the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, determined the number of patients hospitalized with new onset heart failure in Worcester in 2000. The authors then looked at death rates and evaluated various prognostic factors.

A total of 2604 subjects were diagnosed with heart failure during the study period, the investigators note. This equates to 219 people being newly diagnosed with heart failure for every 100,000 people in the population.

Risk factors for heart failure were advancing age and female gender, the investigators note. Specifically, the rates of heart failure among women and men were 250 and 194 per 100,000 population, respectively.

Roughly 5 percent of people hospitalized with heart failure died, the report indicates. Risk factors for a fatal outcome included older age, not being overweight, having a history of anemia or stroke, and various laboratory abnormalities.

"The results of the present investigation confirm that acute heart failure represents a considerable burden to the health of the community, particularly in older individuals," the researchers conclude.

SOURCE: American Journal of Medicine, July 2005.