VCR

colaiscute

I think a tentative buy at 1.31 or 1.32 with a tight stop loss, if it goes above 1.33 it is breaking one resistance level, there is another at 1.36 and 1.40 ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ overall I think this is holding kind of well. But note my use of the word TENTATIVE, meaning speculative, delicate and ready to change position if it starts falling again. If it rallies from here then it has formed another low that is higher than the first, and is a good sign. But note I would prefer to buy at say 1.40+ when it is well on its way in an established rally rather tha nbuy now. I just got a feeling this is holding and building support, and thought IÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢d share it.

Not sure what Mr 500 is up to but sometimes people put small orders in, time how long they take to fill + measure the response to that order, as a way to gauge which way the market is going before placing their big orders. I donÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t think it is anything sinister.

Gee that graphic for sharescene2 is pretty amazing with the rotating atoms.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Small sells and small buys.....no interest today. Could be this way for a little while until we get closer to CE Mark trial end. When will this be ? My guess Oct/Nov.

We should see more activity and the SP increase in anticipation to this.

HAVE BIOTECHS

BOTTOMED OUT?

Australian biotechnology stocks have fallen 19.7% for the fi nancial year, according to the Intersuisse

Biotechnology Index.

Although the landing was light, with the index stable over May and June, the fall compares starkly

with the performance of the All Ordinaries Index, which jumped 19.8% over the same period.

The NASDAQ biotechnology index also fell over the year, by 8.5%, although it did recover 2.5% in

June.

The two driving factors in the fall of local biotechs have been the negative lead from the US, and the

fl ight of risk capital into resources, says IntersuisseÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Jonathon Buckley.

The shake-up has seen ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“greenÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ investors bailing out, while the more experienced have started to

buy with a nose for the inevitable recovery.

Biotechs are clearly a sector for the risk investor. Since 1996, the average annual compound growth

of the Australian sector is actually an impressive 21%.

However, this yearÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s result only serves to highlight the level of volatility in biotechs. Volatility is also

more pronounced than on NASDAQ as the companies are smaller and less liquid.

A quick glance at individual stock performances provides supporting evidence, as the top performer

in the Intersuisse index returned 244% while the worst returned minus 74%.

Buckley believes the stabilisation of the index over the last two months encourages the thought that

the bottom may have been seen and the upswing is due. Any glance at the chart since 1996 gives this impression, says Buckley.

http://www.aireview.com/pdfs/Aireview66.pdf

Cheers.

In reply to: tom924 on Thursday 07/07/05 03:32pm

Is that this financial year or last financial year? Lol! Sectors go in and out of favour, it is probably wise to stick with the ones in favour. Then again it is wiser still to take each stock on its merits and price movement.

Support weak at 3:38pm ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ this is the dumping time until 3:45 when people starting to think about whether they want a position overnight. I think a weak close today.

Hi Oavde,

I read airview magazine on a regular basis to help me try & understand sentiment & views of others.

The information I posted is from page 16.

The magazine was released only this morning(online).

It's always best to take each stock on merits but it helps to be in a sector that is rising.

I am currently not invested with any biotech but I am always looking for opportunities to make decent money.

I think the article posted is quite Bullish.

Cheers.