VCR

colaiscute

Hi All

What's going on here?

I see you have all become little "Avengers"

I feel like the proverbial Prophet in the desert.

We individual shareholders are like sheep to be fleeced. And it only happens because the majority of shareholders are happy to live in a cocoon of ignorance and apathy.

And if anybody shouts and tries to stir them ouyt of their apathy, they will deride him.

And yet, we individual shareholders have more power than you all think.

Have a look at my last post on GPT. How many holders have commented?

Regards

Avenger

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: boo on Thursday 09/10/08 12:44pm

AUD now at .6212 USD.

AFAIK VCR sells in the US at $75K USD per unit.

At current exchange rate, that's a tad over $120K AUD per unit. Not bad.

Does anyone know how much of their cash burn is "discretionary" eg. how much of last year's cash burn related to opening new implant centres?

I'm trying to figure out how much of their projected expenditure for 08/09 is unavoidable, and how much room they have to move / adjust expenditure in the coming year.

As an aside -- I can't get my head around the fact that the roughly all-time low point for VCR's share price almost exactly coincides with them taking an early look at very good BTT results.

In reply to: clifton on Sunday 26/10/08 12:10pm

Cifton,

Extracting the last half of fiscal 07/08, January to June, gives a closer proximity of the cash burn with something like 91 or 92 implants for the period. Approx. cash burn of 15.2m for the half. Maybe the odd new implant centre in the number.

Exchange rates are looking favourable.

Cheers,

boo

In reply to: boo on Sunday 26/10/08 04:06pm

Thanks boo.

Read in the SMH this morning that the Commonwealth Bank of Australia predicted last week that the AUD will go to US59 cents by March. (Can't figure out how to do URLs for the reference.)

At current exchange rates am expecting VCR to report a cash flow positive month any time now. Yeah, ok....time to take my meds....

No longer a holder of VCR, but it beggars belief that the company simply sits and says nothing in the face of this sell-off.

Bad enough that they have failed to show financial support over the years, but not coming out to at least say that although the cash raising is proving difficult, all other matters are on course, implants are proceeding and your Directors see nothing wrong with the fundamentals. The only excuse can be, that the fundamentals are not okay.

In reply to: Clocker on Monday 27/10/08 10:44am

Bad enough that they have failed to show financial support over the years...

To be frank share schemes, plans and bonus etc. discourage the practice of directors seeking holdings on market. Majority shareholders of the day obviously thought it a good idea at the time. Now they can reflect.

In reply to: Clocker on Monday 27/10/08 10:44am

Risky business...

Thoratec warns of heart-pump failure; shares tank

Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:02pm (Reuters) - Shares of Thoratec Corp lost more than half their value after the cardiac device maker said wear and fatigue related to its implanted heart pump may require surgical replacement that could potentially be fatal.

The company initiated a worldwide medical-device correction of certain batches of the pump after 27 confirmed reports of damage to the percutaneous lead that required pump replacement.

In five of these cases, patients expired as a pump replacement was not feasible, the company said in a statement.

Thoratec had won U.S. regulatory approval for the device, HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist System, in April. The device is designed for people with severe congestive heart failure and few medical options.

The company is notifying hospitals that the pump be replaced as soon as possible if damage to the lead is confirmed.

The company issued the warning for all serial numbers of the device with catalogue number 1355 or 102139.

Shares of the company fell to $12 in trading after the bell, from its Friday's close of $25.04 on Nasdaq. ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚© Thomson Reuters 2008 All rights reserved