ShareCafe

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FLT

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Very nice breakout from ranging stock

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Considering the big drop between Jan and March this year, could be lots of room for reversal

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Steady volume

Financial Stats:

Issuer Name FLIGHT CENTRE LIMITED

Hotels, Resorts & Cruise Lines

25301020 Shares on Issue 94,037,209

Price (previous close in cents) 1870

Market Cap ($) 1,758,495,808

Last Annual Report Data and Ratios

Earnings (cents per share) 78.2

Price To Earnings 23.91

Dividends (cents per share) 45.5

Yield (%) 2.43

Asset Backing (cents per share) 233

Price to Assets 8.03

Announcements:

17 Jun 2004 11:58:01 Appendix 3B - Staff Option Plan

17 Jun 2004 11:55:39 Appendix 3B - Employee Share Plan

16 Jun 2004 12:11:05 New business travel brand set for global take-off

28 May 2004 14:01:20 Appendix 3B - Employee Share Plan

28 May 2004 13:57:28 Appendix 3B - Staff Option Plan

25 May 2004 17:17:53 Change in substantial holding from CBA

06 May 2004 09:49:26 Appendix 3B - Employee Share Plan

30 Apr 2004 09:54:39 Appendix 3B - Staff Option Plan

29 Apr 2004 12:38:42 Achieves record sales in busy third quarter

22 Apr 2004 15:51:57 Enters Chinese Joint Venture

07 Apr 2004 14:20:17 Appendix 3B - Unsecured Notes

Recent Comments:

Subject re: strong $18.20 close today - eom.
Posted 24/06/04 13:20 - 20 reads
Posted by charge
Post #310004 - in reply to msg. #309533 - splitview

Flt on the Charge!
c.c.c

Subject re: todays report huge !
Posted 21/06/04 14:27 - 38 reads
Posted by ecneitap
Post #307970 - in reply to msg. #307583 - splitview

Its optimism in my data analysis and trading signals more than anything Perth. Anyway , lets see . I'm happy to state for the record a $21 -22 price channel will be achieved for FLT within 6 - 7 weeks now. All the best.

Posted 20/06/04 17:34 - 66 reads
Posted by dazzler
Post #307587 - in reply to msg. #307583 - splitview

Perth - Jetset has almost doubled since about October last year.
I started buying at 16c and then again in very low 20's.
30c now and looks like it will slowly increase from here.
Its not sexy or overnight, but solid gains are around

Posted 20/06/04 17:20 - 67 reads
Posted by perth
Post #307583 - in reply to msg. #305930 - splitview

You are an optimist! hasn't been much interest in any travel stocks all year. Will keep watching and reading.

post-16-1088381625.png

STATEMENT TO AUSTRALIAN STOCK EXCHANGE ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“ June 30, 2004
FLIGHT CENTRE CLARIFIES COMMISSION AND PROFIT POSITIONS

In light of recent press speculation at an important point in the current financial year,
Flight Centre Limited wishes to confirm its position on changes in industry commission
arrangements and likely year-end profit outcomes.

Flight Centre Limited continues to enjoy strong relationships with both Qantas and Virgin
Blue and is confident its contract negotiations for 2004-2005 with both airlines will
generate favourable commission deals and mutually beneficial outcomes.
The company also reaffirms its profit expectations for 2003-2004, in response to
unattributed press speculation.

As stated previously, the company expects pre tax profit growth in the order of 20 per
cent. Profit growth, before tax and before goodwill, is expected to be in the order of 20-
22 per cent.

Flight Centre Limited remains comfortable that its final results will not materially differ
from these targets.

ENDS Enquiries to Shane Flynn (CEO) 0439 710023 or Jim Sturgess (CFO) 0402

In response to recent media speculation, Flight Centre Limited (FLT) today reaffirmed its 2004 financial year profit forecast. The Australian travel retailer again flagged pre-tax profit growth of around 20% for the 2003/04 period and said "remains comfortable that its final results would not materially differ from these targets".

"Profit growth, before tax and before goodwill, is expected to be in the order of 20-22%,ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ Flight Centre said.

The company also noted that good relationships with both Qantas Airways Limited (QAN) and Virgin Blue Holdings Limited (VBA) continued.

"Flight Centre continues to enjoy strong relationships with both Qantas and Virgin Blue and is confident its contract negotiations for 2004-2005 with both airlines will generate favourable commission deals and mutually beneficial outcomes," the company said in a statement.

In May, Flight Centre had stated that Qantas budget carrier Jetstar's decision to not use agent distribution would hurt the carrier's numbers, loading and yield.

Flight Centre shares closed up 35c to $19.22 yesterday.

Flight Centre reaffirms growth

30jun04
AUSTRALIAN travel retailer Flight Centre Ltd today reaffirmed its 2004 financial year profit forecast in response to recent media speculation.

Flight Centre said it expected pre-tax profit growth of around 20 per cent for the 2003/04 period and "remains comfortable that its final results will not materially differ from these targets".

The company said it continues to enjoy a good relationship with both Qantas Airways Ltd and Virgin Blue Holdings Ltd and expects 2004/05 contract negotiations will generate favourable commission deals.

In May, Flight Centre had noted that Qantas budget carrier Jetstar's decision to not use agent distribution would hurt the carrier's numbers, loading and yield.

"Flight Centre Limited continues to enjoy strong relationships with both Qantas and Virgin Blue and is confident its contract negotiations for 2004-2005 with both airlines will generate favourable commission deals and mutually beneficial outcomes," Flight Centre said in a statement.

"As stated previously, the company expects pre tax profit growth in the order of 20 per cent. Profit growth, before tax and before goodwill, is expected to be in the order of 20-22 per cent.

"Flight Centre Limited remains comfortable that its final results will not materially differ from these targets."

• 3 weeks later...

Good analysis of FLT:

Have been charting FLT since its spike down to $17.27 recently .. see previous posts. Based on its chart, its still on track to reach its strong $21 - 22 trading channel within the next 3 - 4 weeks. Happy days if it breaks through its strong $22 resistence. From a fundamental point of view the company has reconfirmed 20% profit growth for the year, the dividend will increase nicely, the company is a cash puppy and has never had debt since floating in 1995, plus its proven to be run by some very smart people and happy staff via a unique culture (employer of the year awards here and overseas consistently) . The only reason this share is at these prices is due to terrorism fears since September 11. But the company has had profit improvement ongoingly during this time regardless, and also continued to expand aggressivily, quietly snapping up cheap aquisitions and integrating them successfully into the business. The share price is rising as institutions are back on board, buying since $17.60 and are continuing to buy at present prices (about $200,000 dollars worth got snapped up from a seller in the blink of an eye yesterday at $19.80 and another $1 million worth as a cross trade at $19.80 ) . So the fundamentals and Technicals are nicely aligned and the stock is in an early uptrend . I have this stock as a buy conservativily up to around $21 , but I'll also be back in if it breaks past $22 on volume strength. Good luck.

The immediate resistance is 20$. After that 21 and then the 22-22.5s.

With the recent announcements and a nice looking chart, my bet is that the stock is set to move towards 22 in the not too distant future.

I think all that is needed is a little more interest (i.e. more volume) to keep things going.

Regards

Andrew

post-16-1090380117.png

• 5 months later...

This stock is definately not popular on this forum...But I would appreciate some personal opinions from the regular posters on this stock as it had caught my eye with its massive decline.I salivate at opportunities (if this is one) to jump aboard and ride the oversold signal.

Is this a buy at these levels or should one wait for an entry closer to $15.

As with all quality stocks that get insto dumped they recover back to almost their full glory.

(i.e ALN,ALL,LEI,AMC, to name a few) is it FLT turn?

In reply to: Need Money on Saturday 15/01/05 09:20pm

the break under $17.30 (by my reckoning) is ominous in the extreme. it is a line in the sand that held more or less on four previous occasions across 4 years. it signalled a reversal in the medium term.

this time it went thru without a whimper.

i would look at $13 if you want to punt on a reversal.

it's your money, so it's your call.

In reply to: Need Money on Saturday 15/01/05 08:20pm

The main reason for the crappy result was ratio of support staff to consultants has blown out.This is mainly due to overseas expansion.I believe most o/s areas are near scale of economy numbers except USA.The australia areas rumoured to have produced good growth.Couple of things which could happen that would make $16.00 a good buy.That special divvy was worth tens of millions to Skroo and the other directors and they might buy back in.Flt have $400 mill in the bank might have buy back.On the coal face, cut expansion and complete their land base strategy.Qantas did big business thru qantas holidays with FLT they are being fazed out by FLT creating their own wholesale.Think its worth about $60.mill.Also some technical upgrades are a positive.Wolf thinks its going to $13.00.You have two references now.

c.c.c