ShareCafe

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Held ARG for quite a while now, love their dividend and graph. Took profits after last issue and bought back in just before the recent surge. Funny stock this in that it feels predictable (probably isnt). But you can look at the sell depth, see the speed humps and pretty much watch the flow http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I hold so my views are as an owner. However 5.50 being tested...once through it may jump quickly up...should be a dividend towards the end of Feb so if your looking for strong stock this one has performed brilliantly over the last 3 years and shows no slow down

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me out with understanding the recent price movements of argo. I have been looking to put some money into this company but I'm not comfortable doing that until i get me head around the recent price movement.

I assume it has alot to do with the recent renounceable rights issue, but i don't really understand the sharp movements in the price. Both the initial sharp increase, and the following sharp decrease. It certainly doesn't appear to follow the value of the underlying investments. As an investment company, I would have assumed the issue of new shares would have little effect, the new money would just be invested anyway. The fact the new shares were cheaper would bring the average price down somewhat, but I don't see how this fits the price movements of late.

• 1 month later...

In reply to: joku on Saturday 07/04/07 10:39pm

im a big fan of argo, even though i dont hold any(i would if i could). from what i can tell if you have a bull market, this stock will perform well, as it has very solid fundamentals. basically it is a way of gaining exosure to the top 200 without indicidually investing in each.

if you think the bull run will continue then invest, if not, put your money elsewhere.

I wouldnt be suprised to see ARG reach $9 again with 4 - 6 weeks.

• 2 months later...

SPP. Share Purchase Plan. Its coming up again. Usually I just take my full alotment. This time Im a bit more cautious with the markets crazy swings. Part of me says, keep the cash and pick up a bargain in near future elsewhere. The other part says, Argo are one of the most respected Listed Investment Companies in Australia, if not the world, for shareholder returns and wealth creation. They are the professionals, they look after alot of my money, whats a few more percent?

Anyone got any views? Most appreciated.

Mags