• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice :-)

The Australian Financial Review 13/4/05

"In Australia, an Affinity Health float is now unlikely, with the market favouring a trade sale to Ramsay Health Care. Institutional investors have told Affinity's main owner, equity player CVC Asia Pacific, it was aiming too high in valuing Affinity at around the same price as highly successful Ramsay, the market leader in private hospitals and a strong entrant in the aged-care market. Ramsay is now expected to ask shareholders to help fund an Affinity purchase to further strengthen the group's position."

Anyone else see the future of this little gem of a monopoly????

I got in and am holding as a boomer stock....have you any idea the stress the hospital system will be under over the next 10-30 years. They can't cope now...imaging when all the baby boomers move through the system on their way to meet their maker. I don't mind banking on boomers and RHC will be able to set their one price as the Government scrambles to fund the system to get all those grey votes :-) Go Long and your dividends will one day be as much as your purchase price. Below $20 will be cheap for this stock in a couple of years.

GYGT :-)

• 1 month later...

In reply to: blueman on Tuesday 14/06/05 10:44am

Gotta love this stock ....one to put down and hold (like a vintage red wine) ... it'a just going to get better and better. What's more the general market has not yet really twigged to the huge cash cow that the heath care sector will be for the dominant players (like RHC) in the years ahead.

RHC is in its 'stealth mode' accumulation phase ... the best is yet to come ... imo.

• 4 weeks later...

RHC has been an excellent performer over the past 2 years. Bought at $3.43.

Took the rights issue, which has further increased my ROI.

However, I am not too comfortable about the new increased gearing level with the latest takeover. Will wait and see.

In reply to: Techno on Thursday 07/07/05 03:26pm

The Affinity takeover has been well received by the market. Increased gearing will be more than compensated for by the long term growth and cash flow that will be generated (esp. from 2006 FY and beyond). A few market jitters about RHC having to divest some hospitals to meet 'competition requirements' but this in itself will help to reduce debt quickly and will have little long term impact on RHC's growth profile.

The next major report from RHC will be of interest and should provide a further fillip to the s/p as it becomes clear that this company has positioned itself superbly for long term growth that will tap into demographic trends and will result in a strong reliable cash flow in a defensive company that can withstand global economic shocks.

A must have in any serious portfolio imo.

DYOR.

• 1 month later...

Not much to add with a stock like this, up up up, what technical analysis is required, not a lot, a ruler will suffice.

I butt in at this point though because it is approaching the magical $10 level ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ which should provide some pyschological resistance, but if it passes it might get a lot of attention.

At $9.58 today I think this is about to make a new run up to $10.00 .... if anyone is reading this, the market depth is interesting, most transactions never appear on it, as soon as a large bid or offer is placed it is taken out, the market depth is really thin. And also, not many sell levels, it runs out (because we are at an all time high).