QBE - QBE INSURANCE GROUP LIMITED

ShareCafe

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty suprised the share got so smashed ...its obvious the sellers don't know much about insurance, especially as it states R/I was in place , strange that they did not state if their 'treaties' & 'XL' portfolios cushioned the figures..... In my days of insurance QBE was highly regarded in conservative circles....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not enough skin on the teeth.QBE is currently $10.02.

A bit of broker bashing...why not. These revered folk have had QBE as a 'long term blue chip buy' since Charlie Watts didn't have a wrinkle.This includes numerous buy calls when QBE was $24. Even the most basic of T.A. systems would have sidestepped most of the pain associated with this fair weather flyer.

Lesson:ignore brokers like the plague :their whole task is to sell the punter something/anything.

A couple of analysts have had consistent sells on QBE: Brett Le Mesurier from BBY and Jan van der Shalk from CLSA but you would have needed to have read the newspapers closely to have noticed them. We small fry investors don't generally get access to research from the likes of them.

The latest interest rate cut is another dagger through the heart of QBE but is not enough to account for the latest plunge. I smell a capital raising.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...