CRICKET - new thread

henrietta

Yes, fair result. We didn't catch well but England did very well considering their problems. Stokes is quite remarkable. 

Would've been interesting with an earlier declaration. Would the Poms have had a go chasing a target? 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a really sensible article on the coming selections, with Tony Dodemaide ( selector) giving some intelligent insight.

Cheers

J

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/aus-vs-eng-5th-ashes-test-hobart-usman-khawaja-or-travis-head-or-marcus-harris-who-plays-and-who-doesnt-1296337
I am impressed with both Bailey and Dodemaide, and I think that the players might respect them as well.

Turning off the terrible commentary worked a treat

England from 0-68 to all out 124. Did feel sorry for Root ........ a real skidder.

At least I got my last fearless prediction right !!!

Well done Aussies, and Cummins. Bet that's the first game that Lyon hasn't had a trundle, but he took a couple of great catches.

Green has a future for sure.

Cheers

J

To do injustice to Richie Benaud,

The best thing a commentator can do is know when to shut up.

We'll face sterner tests than this series. Top of the order never really convinced but did enough. Head and Green enhanced their reputations, the bowlers did well, jury probably will give a majority verdict in favour of Carey.

For the Poms, Root excepted, the batting was nowhere. I wonder if we've seen the last of Anderson and Broad being first choice selections. A fit Archer, Wood and Robinson strike me as their future.

Some of the pitches might not have been top notch and for that I'm perversely grateful. Batters (I dislike that term, it's something put on a fish) scoring 100s on roads is not my idea of viewing fun.