CRICKET - new thread

henrietta

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't help but feel England is making us look better than we are. Our's is a pretty good bowling attack with depth in the faster ranks, though still to be convincing bowling sides out on the 5th day. We've held catches, England has not. Oz also got some decisions their way that on other days they might not have. Might not have made a difference but when you need a bit of luck England didn't have it. 

As for Sydney, if we're desperate to play Swepson I'd pick Marsh for Head's spot. Cummins and Starc with Marsh doing most of the donkey work, and Green chipping in with a few overs. The medical staff don't seem to think Green should bowl much. Lyon and Swepson for the spin. If not Swepson then Hazlewood, if fit, or Boland with Cummins and Starc. I like Khawaja but don't we have someone younger we could take a punt on? And it's not Maddison.

I'm not so sure that Sydney is still a slow spinners' wicket. Boland got a few wickets there this season. Usman always looks OK but can't be relied upon for a first innings score, and his catching has always been mediocre at best. He'll probably get the nod, as Langer seems to like him.

It's going to be interesting to see the pitch and see who's selected, and how they fare.

I would probably stick with our 3 proven fast bowlers, plus Lyon, and bring in Mitch Marsh.

Really don't like having to pick players who have been playing the 20/20 garbage.

Cheers

J

its a cruel game

1m ago  1 minutes ago

By Simon Smale

AUSTRALIA HAS DECLARED!

1m ago 1 minutes ago

By Simon Smale

JACK LEACH IS ON A HATTRICK!

1m ago 1 minutes ago

By Simon Smale

APPEAL! CAUGHT BEHIND! ALEX CAREY IS OUT!

4m ago4 minutes ago

By Simon Smale

TOP EDGED! HIGH, HIGH IN THE AIR! ROOT TAKES THE CATCH! GREEN IS OUT!

Well, Usman has made my predictions look very silly. A century in each innings AND a very good catch in the Poms first innings. Well done Usman .......... and a headache for the selectors.

Great to see Green get some runs as well.

Now all that remains is has Australia given themselves enough time to get the Poms out ...... I thought they would have declared straight after Khawaja got his century.

Cheers

J

Nope, didn't happen, but close. Probably a fair result. Catches win matches .... as they say. 

Might give Cummins something to think about next time he has to declare. Wonder if he made the decision all by himself ?

On to Hobart for the next test of the Poms. Poor buggers just want to go home I'll bet. Meanwhile the Aussie selectors have some interesting decisions to make. Harris hasn't done himself any favours either with batting or fielding.

Cheers

J