CRICKET - new thread

henrietta

Can't be bothered trying to add to the original Cricket forum.

I'm having some fun trying to pick a test team for the coming summer.

My picks .......  Warner, Harris, Smith, Labuschagne, Green, Wade, Paine, Lyon, Cummings, Hazelwood, Stark.

Happy to see Schwepson in the squad as well, Carey ?, 

Not too sure about Green, Wade, Harris .............., and actually I'd like to see Josh Inglis in as keeper, and Paine pensioned off.

In the end, I suppose Langer will get his way ....... mores the pity.

Cheers

J

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Knives out for Marcus Harris in test opening position. Media enthralled with Khawajah and his two recent centuries, ignoring the fact that he is batting in the more sheltered position of #4, not opening. They also ignore his pretty ordinary fielding efforts.

Hope Harris gets some runs and some form in the next Shield game.

Cheers

J

Musing on the World Cup. Yet again the “Big Show” hasn’t produced after all the media hype. He has one, maybe two matches to “show” . His only saving grace is his excellent fielding, which is very important, and his generally decent bowling.

The regular test match stars have produced for Australia.

I wonder if Langer can resist changing the winning team ??
He loves to tinker and I fear his dodgy decisions. I don’t think that the Pakis will be looking forward to our fast bowlers, so I’ll be filled with horror if they dump one of our quicks in favour of a spinner who the Pakis will eat for breakfast.

Go the Aussies !

Cheers

J

Marcus Harris is set to open with David Warner in the Ashes, after being endorsed by National Selection boss George Bailey.

Well thank goodness for that, after all the media hype over Usman's form lately. Now there's one place still to be filled. Bit of talk about Mitch Marsh ....... could do worse I guess. He can be pretty handy with bat and ball and a decent fielder.

Cheers

J

Well, the Aussies, written off by most at the start of the tournament, have won the cup for the first time, frustrating the Kiwis yet again. Mitch Marsh had a very good tournament ( another test trial maybe ?) , and mostly the good test players keeping everything going. Amazing how the "best" players are still the best players, as long as they are not mucked around with rests and changes all the time.

Hopefully Australian cricket has moved on from the woke efforts of the last few years, and will just do the simple but best process of picking the 12 best players ......... and let them decide when they need a "rest".

Finch had a pretty ordinary series ..... maybe will have some proving to do. Didn't see any games, so I really don't know how his captaincy affected anything. The shorter games are pretty well mapped out beforehand these days.

Now for the Poms !!!!!

Cheers

J