SLA - SILK LASER AUSTRALIA LIMITED

ShareCafe

In reply to: console on Monday 19/03/07 04:27pm

I agree Console.. it appears to be forcing the hand of the impatient.

The story hasnt changed. The good news is coming. And with people selling atm; the bigger the impact when it arrives.

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chiller

• diana

• Livas1

• jezzabot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: dee27 on Monday 19/03/07 04:50pm

Agreed

And the good thing is, we are seeing little volume on the down days whilst going up on higher volume.

Risky game the sellers are playing though, as positive news could come out any day.

IMO the next time they mention SibEX it will be to say the deal is done.

IMO the alcoholic trial results are positive (otherwise the world wont be sitting up and taking notice)

IMO any BioA announcement will be about stock on the shelves (or soon to be)

IMO any update with the animal husbandy negotiations are bound to be positive

IMO Ropren could be registered any minute now.

IMO the only "potential" negative announcement regarding Ropren will be a delay for approval. But the thing with this is that its a matter of "when", not "if" its approved, so if there is a delay, big deal, its a miraculous buying opportunity http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/lmaosmiley.gif

nb - im not for one second saying that approval wont be granted in March, im just pointing out how the next lot of news is very positively scewed http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

In reply to: Livas1 on Monday 19/03/07 03:56pm

Livas1: I do not believe that sellers are "playing a game". I do not see SLA as a day-traders share, as quantities are too small for that. Some holders might just cash in some gains, others might get nervous about potential Ropren approval delay or whatever...

All your IMO well noted. All will come good in due course. Patience.

wasa

In reply to: wasabibarako on Monday 19/03/07 05:19pm

Anticipation!!! Everyone is just waiting.Just look only 10 posts on this thread in the last 2 days , a couple of weeks ago you would get that in an hour.IMO at least $1 in may.

In reply to: maiden on Monday 19/03/07 05:27pm

Maiden,

I agree. Nothing much hapening. Everybody is waiting for news.

I am taking the opportunity to go to Hong Kong for a week to buy myself a few suits.

Chiller,

Do I need a dress suit for the $1??

I was expecting the Bio A capsules to be available in March, but that timetable has slipped a bit. Though I expect if product is going to be on the shelves in about 4 weeks, they should be doing some advance publicity??? Anyway I am not a marketing guru!!!

Caio or Jo Tau

In reply to: vilmac on Monday 19/03/07 07:47pm

I think I will order some more Bio B. I was just commenting to a friend who has also invested in SLA that the most noticeable difference since I used Bio B is that I donÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t seem to get hangovers any more (not that i drink excessivly). Maybe Bio B has a modest improvement on liver functioning (obviously not as good as A or R though)? Oh I also lost a bit of weight, but not sure if that was attributable to the sauna or the product. I did feel a bit more motivated but nothing that you would say is greatly noticeable.

Vilmac, I am sure you probably already have a favorite tailor in HK but if not check out Andy at Express Custom Tailors in the Starhouse shopping complex near the Marco Polo, Kowloon. Once he has your measurements you can just order via email. Check out his website www.expresstailor.com.hk if you interested. Not as cheap as some but excellent quality, well respected and easy to reorder if you don't travel their regularly (i don't).

Does anyone know if it is still the patent protection which is holding up the release of the Russion alcoholic trials? Legal proceddings always take too long, and cost to much.

In reply to: skeetakelly on Monday 19/03/07 09:49pm

Hi Skeetakelly,

Does anyone know if it is still the patent protection which is holding up the release of the Russion alcoholic trials?

yes that appears to be the case according to Denis in his interview with the Wall Street Reporter last week.

"the most noticeable difference since I used Bio B is that I donÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t seem to get hangovers any more"

I like the sound of that skeet!!

On a more serious note where can you pick up Bio B is it readily available over the counter, would love to give it a go. As an elite athlete i would love to see if it enhances my energy and recovery skills.....after a big night out!! LOL

AVX is stealing the lime-light ATM....but will SLA throw their hat in the ring on AIDS treatment too, what ever happened to that AIDS patient they treated?

Holding SLA is costing me money on the mortage so I hope they come through with news soon.

You couldn't have asked for a better "buy" signalÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦

Last year, a group of the most powerful investors in the world announced their intention to make one of the market's most ignored sectors their top investment priority in 2007.

It's not the hedge-fund or mutual-fund industry, although they're interested in the sector, too. It's a much different crowdÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ one that has more of a direct impact on the targeted industry. The group I'm referring to is the world's largest drug makers, collectively referred to as "Big Pharma."

Their target is the biotech industry.

If you're not familiar with biotech medicines, you should be, as they differ greatly from traditional chemistry-based medicines. Biotech medicines are displacing traditional drugs because they work much better. They work better because they're built with a rational design. They're made from living cells, and are often actual molecules like proteins or enzymes... traditional pharma drugs are just different types of chemicals.

To put it simply, the future of medicine is biotech. Four of the top five drug companies in the world have identified biotech as the center of their strategic focus for 2007.

In fact, the CEOs of two of these companies, Pfizer and Merck, have publicly stated desires for their companies to become the top biotech company in the world within a few years. To reach the top spot, these companies will have to spend many billions of dollars in research and acquisitions.

Naturally, all of this translates into the prospect of huge returns for biotech investors in the near term, beginning this year.

In 2006, Big Pharma and biotech reached more than 230 deals ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ up 32% from 2005. And the transactions were 20% richer for the biotechs, a sign of increasing leverage for the smaller parties at the negotiation table. There were also 10 acquisitions on the year ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ a record number.

Buyout premiums were up, with an average of 62% per deal. Yet, many of these buyouts took place at payout premiums greater than 100%. For example, one of our Phase 1 Investor holdings, Sirna Therapeutics, was acquired by Merck for $1.1 billion. The acquisition resulted in an immediate 100% gain.

The increased merger and acquisition trend that took off last year will certainly continue into 2007. The big drug companies continue to face eroding sales from blockbusters coming off patent and ensuing generic drug competition.

Pfizer stands to lose half of its $50 billion revenue to generics in the next five years. Merck lost $3 billion this year alone when Zocor, the cholesterol drug, came off patent. Big Pharma will continue to be forced to turn to the biotech sector in search of new products to replace eroding sales.

Here's why Big Pharma is turning to biotech:

1. The bulk of innovation in drug discovery takes place in the biotech sector. Most big drug companies are nothing more than massive selling machines. 2. Because of their complexity and specificity, biotech drugs command premium prices. 3. Biotech drugs are immune to generic competitionÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ at least for now. Almost every big drug company has laid out cost-cutting tactics in their budget plans for the upcoming year. Pfizer, for example, plans to cut 20% of its sales force.

Still, the Big Pharma coffers are chock full of cash, and a good chunk of that money will be flowing to biotech this year. Investing alongside them will be one of the smartest things you can do with your money in 2007.......