SLA - SILK LASER AUSTRALIA LIMITED

ShareCafe

I dont think there is a protocol as such. Plenty of companies out there tend to not announce "bad" news.

As an example - plenty of companies dont announce the contracts they dont win, but only announce the the contracts they do win.

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chiller

• diana

• Livas1

• jezzabot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Irishgirl there are always disclaimers from companies saying something along the lines that "the article/presentation/update" is forward looking and should not be taken as fact or as a recommendation to buy etc etc etc ..." usually about 300 words long. Things don't always work out as we would wish ... sadly. I'm quite sure the company would be more disappointed than anyone else, but they just have to keep on trucking and finding another route to their goal. There is no obligation to announce what hasn't happened. :B):

R/Di

Well may I suggest that if the company was more or less relying on a funding source to keep it solvent and therefore able to trade normally so as to carry out its plans as per those expressed in announcements etc to the public/shareholders...then would it not be agin the rules to not announce that the funding expected did not in fact come through as expected? After all there is a very strong rumour (the company should be able to tell us if they would talk to us) that the expecyed Russian funds will not be forthcoming now as and when expected. This news is of course unconfirmed (sort of) and the Company ain't talking. Why? Perhaps it is cause the company knows what is really going on...after all one could also surmise that if they knew in the affirmative re the russian funds then surely they would scream it to the market. Please DYOR and also try to get the Company to confirm or deny...the cash burn rate is monstrous IMHO and unsustainable at the announced level of sales and staff employed. What are the current stockpile levels...ah it is woeful and shameful that this once illustrious "good for the Planet" company is now giving us the silent treatment. Methinks that such a way of threating bad news in this instance is not allowed...then agin what would I know? Where's the money? Got it or not? It's like when a family member goes missing...no body no closure...at least give the shareholders closure.

Can we call this a loss for tax purposes yet?

My understanding is that you cannot claim the tax loss until the Company is formally wound up and the Receivers have done their thing.

The easiest way to get your tax loss is to sell your shares but, of course, I don't need to point out the obvious.

My understanding is that you cannot claim the tax loss until the Company is formally wound up and the Receivers have done their thing.

true, however you can sell your holding privately for $1.00 and realise the loss at any time, see my earlier post for details.