• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chiller

• diana

• Livas1

• jezzabot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is stupid because it cannot possibly lead to an improved outcome for shareholders. It can only lead to a worse outcome.

If on the one hand you assume SLA is dead in the water and no longer a going concern, then your money is already gone, so getting confirmation of this from the SLA management is not going to change anything.

If on the other hand, SLA still has some life in it, then the very small management team need to spend their working hours keeping the company afloat, and not, as Diana correctly puts it, holding scared investors hands.

Creating a further time wasting diversion for the management team can only lessen the chance of you getting your money back and cannot improve the chance of getting it back.

That is why it is stupid.

But hey, I still own way too much SLA stock, so who am I to call anyone stupid!

P.s. if you want further proof, just look at the people who are egging us on to revolt. They are the guys who hold no SLA shares and have a declared hatred of the company. Some sound advisors on the subject.

So it's wrong to expect the company to dedicate 30-40 minutes to draft, type and then fax to the ASX an announcement on whats been going on in the past 7 weeks?

If you think that is expecting to much, then you are obviously a much more trusting soul than I am.

I find it hard to believe that every hand on deck at Solagran HQ is that busy that they can't find the time to squeeze out the simplest of updates, to let us know what is causing the extended suspension and what is being done to rectify it.

But hey, feel free to keep making excuses for the company and calling people who question their lack of actions as time wasters.

edit: wow gppm, just saw your late addition to your post. are u questioning that i dont hold any stock? why the hell would i bother to waste my time making comments and continually scouring the 'net for information. It's people like you (and di) that give the directors of Solagran the confidence to treat the rest of us like $hit

They were a listed company man. They raised money (several times) on the basis that people could trade their shares and spread their investment risk on the transparent capital markets. They have not lived up to the expectations of the market and have been suspended - how is it "a further time wasting diversion for the management team" to fulfil the most basic requirement of a listed company - i.e. keeping the thing listed??? At the very least this has damaged their ability to have more capital raisings (which R/Di always seems to relish throwing more money away on). The lack of information regarding the listing would be astounding if it was any other company...

The problem is the economic malaise SLA is in and the contempt shown by its people is hardly a unique thing. It is general and across the board. All the signs are a pharma partnership is about to happen. One that will herald a restructuring/rationalization of one of the largest, most profitable industrys in the world and on a global basis.

Probably with a PIPE. Maybe a buy out. Depends on the company. God knows enough of them have had their IP stolen already.

In your capacity as investment advisor or whatever it is you do, can you not see that? Do you not have a wider more holistic view of the industry except by taking individual companies as a single entity?

I reckon, instead of getting uppity with directors, shareholders should be calling up brokers, investment advisors, personal bankers and other such types and asking the obvious question of, what is actually going on in this industry? And when they turn around and say, I don't know then the client needs to be asking, just what the hell it is they are paying these monkeys for.

Little do they know, that in a great majority of the cases, the monkey will just be doing what his or her organ grinder has told it to do. That is, to tell the shrooms nothing or risk losing your job.

Didn't anyone ever read the book, Where are all the Clients' Boats?

The only risk is that someone with deep pockets will stage a hostile takeover.

No chance. Would've already happened by now if it was ever going to happen. Just look at SIE. Already reached the mandatory threshold for delisting after takeover. Regulators have been made aware of it. And still nobody does nothing because it is not in the plan to until the time is right.

SIE are owned by the Polacks and regulators are in on the game. SLA is no different.

If on the other hand, SLA still has some life in it, then the very small management team need to spend their working hours keeping the company afloat, and not, as Diana correctly puts it, holding scared investors hands.

I'm afraid suspension is as good as sunk. So they have failed. They could spend their time complying with their statutory requirements though. That way, they would keep the company afloat.

Something else to ponder is, why is there such a focus on all these outlier markets? Markets like, Russia, Indonesia, Middle East and the such like. If I were driving this thing I would be putting all my energies into those markets that are going to deliver me the most money for my shareholders. Places like Europe and the States.