SLA - SILK LASER AUSTRALIA LIMITED

ShareCafe

Hello every body,Spoke to ASIC today concerning the quarterly they said they would like an official complaint via their website so as they can investigate.Looks like its only an ASX requirement for the Quarterly.ASIC are only interested in half and yearly.So be patient could go on for quite a while they look for another rabbit to pull out of the hat.

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chiller

• diana

• Livas1

• jezzabot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bam Bamm,

Financials are completed. That is not where the delay is.

My understanding is the auditors need to sign off and want clearer detail of SLA's future funding arrangements in order to sign SLA off as a going concern for the next year. I understand we can expect to hear further news by end April but I cannot guarantee that.

Then they should do what everyone else does. Fire the auditors and get some new ones who will do what they are paid to do. Or the auditors can do what every other auditor does, tag the accounts as at risk of failure.

The auditors role is to audit not to demand, critique and regulate business plans.

Perhaps the details of the industry wide pharma partnership are outlined in detail in the accounts and they have been told not to divulge to the market until their partner allows them to.

Hi,

The auditors role is to audit not to demand, critique and regulate business plans

THIS is exactly the role of an auditor ... to sign off on a company. When as someone mentioned the delay is becasue the auditor will NOT sign off on the accounts due to the fact that he is unable to see funding ..

My understanding is the auditors need to sign off and want clearer detail of SLA's future funding arrangements in order to sign SLA off as a going concern for the next year.
., a requirement of any company is exactly that ESPECIALLY a listed company.

Companies cannot and should not trade whilst insolvent and if the post below is correct this appears the problem. Both directors and the auditor themselves become liable in this instance if one signs off on a company which doesn't have funding or apparent means of funding.

There are numerous cases of both auditors and directors themselves getting into serious trouble for this sort of problem.

I of course do NOT know what the case is with this company and am just commenting on the the posts below.

I suugest you google trading whilst insolvent and responsabilities for both directors and auditors then come back with an informed comment.

Good luck