COVID-19

henrietta

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had same thoughts as you back to march, so i didn't buy any extra by then, the results of that is i nearly run out of the " crap paper" .

don't like to have that kinda "shit" again!! it's not that i want to buy them, it is i have been forced by other unreasonable peoples.

anyway , i hope NSW will come through with this little outbreak ------scary as i don't like back to "lockdown" again!! it's freaking uncomfortable !! :weirdsmiley:

i kinda keep close eye on this thing everyday.

Arlo Kinsey, 18, told The Kansas City Star that the encounter occurred shortly after the customer, who has not yet been identified, entered the eatery without a mask during Kinsey's shift at RJ’s Bob-Be-Que Shack a week ago.

Kinsey, who the paper noted in its coverage is now a “former†employee of the restaurant, said he asked the man when he first came in if he “could go get his mask or if he had a mask, and he said he had an exemption.â€

“So, I asked him if I could see the exemption just to make sure, and then he showed me his gun, saying [that] was his exemption,â€

https://www.afr.com/policy/health-and-educa...20200714-p55bxu

NSW is on high alert with Sydneysiders nervous the new cluster, at the Crossroads Hotel in Casula, may lead to a Victorian-type situation. So far 30 people have tested positive, with one case linked overnight to a nearby aged-care facility.

“I hope this nervousness means they start doing more social distancing and staying at home more, even if they are not sick,†Professor Gilbert said.

==================

in front of this virus peoples acting differently . hope NSW can bring this under control in matter of days, so we don't have to face lockdown again!!

https://www.afr.com/work-and-careers/workpl...20200715-p55c7n

Of the 10 new cases, six attended the hotel, two were close contacts and two were cases who attended Planet Fitness, a nearby gym where authorities are calling anyone who attended from July 4 to July 10 to self-isolate. The cluster now includes two "tertiary" cases, or contacts of contacts.

====================================

make a lot of us nerves !! :weirdsmiley:

Almost all flights in and out of Urumqi, capital of China's far-western Xinjiang region, have been cancelled because of a coronavirus outbreak.

The city has just six confirmed cases with symptoms and 11 asymptomatic infections, official figures show.

..... News of Xinjiang's coronavirus outbreak and the government's response there came quickly. We had only just heard of one case and suddenly most flights into and out of Urumqi had stopped and underground trains were not running. The response seemed too overwhelming to be justified by just one infection, leading to questions on social media as to whether officials might be under-reporting the figures.

However, the tally went up on Friday morning and, crucially, health officials in Urumqi say they have at least 135 people under medical observation.

This has become the pattern in China. When a cluster appears, the government will throw a lot of resources into controlling it using mass testing, localised restrictions and the closing off of transport links to lock the outbreak in wherever it happens. This strategy seems to have worked in other cities, such as Beijing in June.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-53443500