COVID-19

henrietta

Oh well, here goes with a new topic, although not exactly a new subject.

My wife and I have been tossed out of our cosy "granny-flat" and now live in our comfortable house on the Gold Coast ........ not really suffering, although we do have to cope with the Qld "government" !!

The flat had to be vacated for a couple who chose to leave SE Asia where they usually live, and return to Oz for " better medical care" if necessary. Not impressed, especially as there are grandchildren in close proximity.

Enough of personal anecdotes, what is to become of the country now? I see that part of the billions being tossed around, is extra $$ for those receiving unemployment and other government handouts. Why do those on a secure benefit need extra now? I would have thought that those being laid off or hours reduced would be needing help.

Anyway, we can only hope that Mr Morrison and crew manage a few correct calls, and that everyone stays home unless its absolutely necessary to go out.

My neighbour, a great gardener, was laughing today. He and partner have cancelled their 6 month road trip to the west, and so he was back to gardening. When he went to Bunnings to get seeds , he found very few there. Everyone has decided to become a vegie gardener apparently !!!

Take care

Cheers

J

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I see that the government is looking at ways to support these people. Fair enough. No doubt many are casual workers on visas , not just tourists. And now of course, not much chance of getting back home, even if they want to..

Who'd want to be making these decisions all day ? My hat is off to the PM and his cabinet.

Cheers

J

Peoples lives are to be reduced to the following.

I can quite confidently predict Jacinda is toast at this years election. Nobody is buying her line of tens of thousands of New Zealanders will die if we don't do this. Nothing but BS. This is a state experiment on how to put a country into martial law. The enemy may be a virus this time, but I suspect the authorities have one eye on social and civil unrest along ethnic lines or domestic anti-government, anti-state terrorism.

No law abiding citizen likes to have their civil liberties and the right to enjoyment of life taken off them.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article....jectid=12319477

The only reasons people can go out is it they need to do a supermarket and/or pharmaceutical run, works for an essential business or do outdoor activities like gardening or going for a walk in their local area.

With the world focused on Covid-19, I am left to wonder what is happening in the middle East, China and the confrontation with Iran. It's the old trick of watch the little birdie. None of this happened when SARS, avian and swine flu broke out. Or even HIV. All the other nasties are still out there. Hepatitis, Polio, Measles, Diptheria and host of others. So what is so special about this one?

I expect a curfew will be imposed in the next week or so. The defence of the decision will rest on too many people flouting the rules. And why shouldn't they? Anyone with half a brain knows this is a crock.

Too many holes in the stories we are being told to justify the actions being taken. For example, closed borders, shut the airports and airlines but flights still allowed in and out, arriving passengers don't have to quarantine but all cases so far have travel related sources. PM avoids questions on what Police will be doing to enforce the lock down. Groups of people in more than two not allowed but its ok to wait in a mile long queue with others at the supermarket as long as you keep two metres away from the next guy. Liquor shops aren't an essential service but a dairy is. Not allowed to go to the beach or travel. How the hell are you going to get a virus if you are at the beach or in a car travelling?

This whole thing is nothing but a social control experiment for a government to exercise unbridled powers with technologies that never existed until just recently.

As of today, three of four of my kids are now unemployed

The fourth is in health services in a Govt Hospital, so should be ok, although elective surgery has been cancelled, so she may yet join the others.

One of them has a small farm, so will retreat there and grow some food for the rest of us.

So after being debt fee for years, I am now supporting a couple of kids and grandkids.

Their banks have given them a six month holiday on paying their mortgage, but of course in that time the interest just keeps accumulating.

2020 has been a bastard of a year, we should cancel the rest of it and just go straight to 2021

Mick.

This whole thing is nothing but a social control experiment for a government to exercise unbridled powers with technologies that never existed until just recently.

The people need a Second Ammendment right bestowed upon them. It is too easy for a government to turn the country into a police state if it isn't already. Unfortunately, if you exercised anything like that, it would be instant jail.

Next step has to be a republic with a constitution.