Climate

joules mm1

Erika A.P. Schreiber ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚°ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¸ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Â¦Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚½ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂâââ€Å¡Ãƒ‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¯ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¸ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ Retweeted icebridge.jpg_bigger.jpgNASA ICEÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂVerified account @NASA_ICE 7h7 hours ago The #ICESat2 laser is on, and has fired its first photons! 10,000 pulses each second, hundreds of trillions of photons with each pulse- all to measure the height of 1f30e.pngÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s surface.

------------------------------------------------

<h1 class="ProfileHeaderCard-name">Erika A.P. Schreiber </h1><h1 class="ProfileHeaderCard-name">ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚°ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¸ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Â¦Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚½</h1><h1 class="ProfileHeaderCard-name">ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂâââ€Å¡Ãƒ‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¯ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¸ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ </h1> <h2 class="ProfileHeaderCard-screenname u-inlineBlock u-dir" dir="ltr"> @SciSchreibs </h2> PhD candidate studying sea ice and cyclones at @NSIDC, @CUBoulder.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#debunking Top 10 climate change myths (potholer54

video:

Pinned by potholer54

2 months ago

CORRECTION: At 10:57 I say "a wobble in the earthÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s axis and orbit that allows more sunlight to hit the Earth." I should have said the sunlight hits part of the Earth during a particular season.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¯ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚»ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¿

SOURCES ARE BELOW I made this video to summarize all the various climate myths I have covered over the last 10 years. There is no copyright as long as it is not edited, so please feel free to mirror it. I hope this will be a definitive visual guide to the most common pieces of nonsense doing the rounds of the internet.

TO SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL, please do not donate to me, please donate to a very worthwhile charity I support. ItÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s a hospital in Borneo that provides affordable health care to villages on the edge of a national park in return for a pledge not to cut down trees, The pledges are monitored,a nd the result is a dramatic decrease in deforestation rates and an increase in the health of the local population. The founders are hoping to spread the idea to other countries. You can make a donation hereÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ https://healthinharmony.org/donate/

SOURCES: There are way too many sources listed in each of my videos, and they won't fit in the space alotted by YouTube for the video description. So I have just listed a dozen or so only. For the rest, please go to the video on my channel that deals with the relevant myth, for which I have pasted the title and URL. For other myths, such as "The hockey stick has been faked" (dealt with in my video 'The Medieval Warm Period - fact vs. fiction') please watch the climate change series. All the top myths are there.

MYTH #1 -- All sources, such as Atthenius 1896, are already shown in the video itself. MYTH #2 -- I go into more detail in my video "Climate Change -- Isn't it natural?" -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5hs4...

Sources are listed in the video description.

MYTH #3 -- Causes for the drop in CO2 and the onset of an ice age in the late Ordovician: "Bathymetric and isotopic evidence for a short-lived late Ordovician glaciation in a greenhouse period" -- Brenchley et al, Geology; April 1994

"Reconciling Late Ordovician (440 Ma) glaciation with very high (14X) CO2 levels" -- CROWLEY T. J. ; BAUM S. K., Journal of Geophysical Research 1995

"An atmospheric pCO2 threshold for glaciation in the Late Ordovician" -- M. T. Gibbs et. al, Geology; May 1997

"A weathering hypothesis for glaciation at high atmospheric pCO2 during the Late Ordovician." -- L.R. Kump et al, Palaeoclimatology alaeogeography Palaeoecology 1999

"Long-lived glaciation in the Late Ordovician? Isotopic and se- quence-stratigraphic evidence from western Laurentia" -- M. R. Saltzman,S. A. Young, Geology; February 2005

MYTH #4 -- I explain the relationship between solar output and CO2 during the Phanerozoic in more detail in my video "Monckton Bunkum -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpF48... Sources are in the video description

MYTH #5 -- Examples of papers that have looked at the sun as a factor in climate change: "Unusual activity of the Sun during recent decades compared to the last 11,000 years" -- S.K. Solanki et al, Nature Sep 2004

"Can solar variability explain global warming since 1970?" -- S. K. Solanki and N. A. Krivova, Journalof Geophysical Research, May 2003

"Solar Activity and the Mean Global Temperature" -- A.D. Erlykin et al, Physics Geo 2009

"Solar trends and global warming" -- R. Benestad and G. Schmidt, Journal of Geophysical Research July 2009

"How natural and anthropogenic influences alter global and regional surface temperatures: 1889 to 2006" -- J. Lean and D. Rind, Geophysical Research Letters, Sep 2008

"Recent changes in solar outputs and the global mean surface temperature. III. Analysis of contributions to global mean air surface temperature rise" -- M. Lockwood, June 2008

MYTH #6 -- Milankovitch cycles are explained in more detail in my video "Does CO2 lead or lag global temperature?" https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

MYTHS #7 and #8 -- All sources in the video description of my video "Does CO2 lead or lag global temperature?" https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

CORRECTION: At 10:57 I say "a wobble in the earthÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s axis and orbit that allows more sunlight to hit the Earth." I should have said the sunlight hits part of the Earth during a particular season.

MYTH #9 -- All sources in the video description of my video "Are humans contributing only 3% of CO2 in the atmosphere?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcmCB...

MYTH #10 -- See my videos "Global warming has stopped? Again??" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbn1r... and "Response to "The Global Warming Hoax Lord Monckton & Stefan Molyneux" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiZlB...

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1047304017913634816

#Australia #drought

Guardian AustraliaVerified account @GuardianAus ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚· 3h3 hours ago What's happening in Australia's current drought? First we'll show you Australia's farm belt. This map shows farmland that relies heavily on rainfall ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ cropping areas and grazing pastures, as well as irrigated area

DojIOhMW0AA6eb_.jpg

Pretty in Pink :- Old man saltbush is one of the most common forage shrubs found in southern Australia. It provides a useful forage resource particularly in times when other feed is scare and has been planted on both saline and non-saline soils. Its drought tolerance has allowed it to be grown in areas of particularly low rainfall

One of the other faves is mulga scrub. Graziers used to push the tees over to give cattle and sheep a feed,

It is a highly dense growing shrub, so out competes just about everything else.

By pushing swathes of it over, it gave a chance for other species to take hold.

Unfortunately, in their immense wisdom, the Queensland Government's land clearing laws have now made that long standing practice illegal.

The law of unintended consequence.

Mick

Another foreign celebrity has arrived on our shores to bestow his enormous wisdom upon us.

We are about to be saved. (again!)

From ABC NEWS

Billionaire Sir Richard Branson has likened climate change to World War III and criticised the Australian Government for failing to do more to curb rising greenhouse gas emissions.

The Virgin founder said he is testing new recycled aviation fuel to be used in his planes but that governments needed to do more too.

"It's going to need the world to take this problem very very seriously," he told 7.30.

"Let's pretend this is World War III.

"My feeling is that we need to convene governments and the business sector ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦ on a global basis.

Forget about the fact that he is a billionaire largely due to spewing out tons of CO2 from his ocean crossing jets.

Whether its recycled fuel or primasry fuel does not change the amount of CO2 it spwes out on a combustion process.

Forget about the fact that the biggest emitter of CO2 is Cghina, which miraculously escapes criticism for its massive CO2 output.

The hippocacy is sickening.

No one wants to criticise China for fear of economic or political reprisals.

It is continually increasing emissions,promising to reduce them from 2030 onwards.

It ts almost like their CO2 is less harmfll than our CO2.

And of course there India, and the USA, neither of whom are parties to the Paris agreement.

And of course Germany, Poland, Italy and Greece are unlikely to meet their targets anyway.

But those wasters in OZ, they are the laggards.

Climate Change has nothing to do with science, its a political animal dressed in scientific clothes.

Mick

The greenies are really hurting their own cause here. There's no doubt pollution is a major problem, real, toxic, deadly pollution. This get's pushed aside while 'activists' run around claiming CO2 is a disaster.

If you wanna talk 'average temperature' changes, just consider a lovely spring day: It's 24 degrees in the sunlight, then if it's a cloudless night, within hours it's 8 degrees. Or if there's clouds, it's 20 degrees.

Related to CO2? Nah. (You NEVER hear them mention that the greenhouse gases has one component that's accountable for 70% of it's effect, and it's called water vapour.......)

And isn't it interesting that government weather stations are always at air ports??? And if that isn't enough, a private study in USA found a significant proportion are installed in a jet wash path :-0

CO2 is one of the most obscene theories that has gained traction. It's simply mind-blowing how smart individuals fall for this crap: But it's a well run campaign, just like the descrimination movement, if you're not 100% on board with them you're a denier.... Huh? After 100+ years of spitting CO2 into the atmosphere, has it changed? Not on a level they can even measure or prove... but if you disagree with their theory you're instantly a cave-man, capitalist pig, denier.

Blah.

No wonder the rich get richer, it's so easy to manipulate the masses.

• 2 weeks later...

Agh, ya can't beat an academic for logic!

Graeme Smith, from the Australian National University's Department of Pacific Affairs, said politicians had been committing a "comedy of errors" when it came to Pacific relations in recent weeks.

Former president of Kiribati asks Australians for help

Former president of Kiribati asks Australians for help

Anote Tong, whose island nation is being destroyed by climate change, has appealed to Australians for help.

Proposed changes to the Pacific seasonal worker program sparked serious concern across the region, forcing a Government backflip, while the Pacific portfolio was recently downgraded to an assistant minister position.

There has been growing concern over China's investment in the region and the influence that brings, leading Australia and the US to compete for prominence.

But Mr Smith said China was also ahead of Australia on climate change in the Pacific ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ and willing to provide the needed funding ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ which presented a "massive problem" for Canberra.

"The irony is, of course, that when you talk to the Chinese officials they're more than willing to stump up the cash for climate change because however authoritarian their Government might be, they still listen to their scientists and they still believe that climate change is a real thing," he said.

"That is one area that China really has an edge over Australia and the US at the moment in the Pacific."

China is giving money for climate change because its politically smart to do so. They don't give a rats about climate change, if they did they would have signed up to Kyoto, Paris etc and started reducing their CO2 emissions.

Why are the pacific leaders not castigating the biggest polluter, China??

Because it ain't politically smart!.

Mick