• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heading for $40 are Wesfarmers imho in the shorter term. The longer term should see this one continue on up.

A bid for Felix Resouces FLX was rumoured earlier, thoughts that a bid now would be a lot easier on profit taking at FLX, and further strength in WES.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Wesfarmers are about to open stores in competition with IKEA. They are converting their WA Salvage stores in WA to sell furniture along the lines of IKEA stock; they are hiring staff now. Whether this is a trial in WA first or Australia wide I do not know. Should be profitable if the management are good and the stock can come from China.

• 4 months later...

In reply to: uptrend on Wednesday 16/02/05 01:15pm

just love this solid blue chip coy. Has been my reliable performer over past year. Not big gains but steady. Also great bonus' & dividends. I read once where CEO Michael Chaney said that he liked to think that wesfarmers was run for the mums and dads shareholders.

BUT I'm not holding atm. Bought last month in downturn and sold yesterday. Will hold and hope for some downtrend and kick myself if it doesn't happen.

• 4 weeks later...
OK so Richard Goyder is now in the CEO chair, WES are cashed up on coal and Chaney is enough of a planner to know that he needed to leave a few 'wins' for his successor.....my tip is they are about to buy CRG (see posts under CRG)........I give it 30 days....fingers crossed

• 2 months later...

In reply to: mailhep on Wednesday 13/07/05 12:59pm

http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Little concerned that WES is not making any deals nor nor capital management beyond the Bunnings Store refurbishment and the Currah North development.

Why didnt WES have a go at The Nobel explosives comapny like Mac Bank ?

Time to Grow guys !!!

singas

In reply to: mailhep on Wednesday 13/07/05 12:59pm

http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Little concerned that WES is not making any deals nor nor capital management beyond the Bunnings Store refurbishment and the Currah North development.

Why didnt WES have a go at The Nobel explosives comapny like Mac Bank ?

Time to Grow guys !!!

singas