BREXIT?

mullokintyre

I am in the UK at the moment...Most English are disappointed that the press is making them out to be racist because it is about the immigration.

It is more about the amount of money that is leaving the UK. Through contributions to the EU, through foreign workers working in the UK and sending

their wages back to their home country,through babies being born in the Uk and then the parent going home and still getting child benefits.

Also being told by the EU what they are allowed to import by the tariffs that are placed.

Farage has quit to get his life back.

Can only think that he has quit when the hard stuff has come about and that if it all goes bad then he can say

that it wasn't his fault. If he is a leader he should have stayed to try and get the UK the best deal.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farage has quit to get his life back.

Can only think that he has quit when the hard stuff has come about and that if it all goes bad then he can say

that it wasn't his fault. If he is a leader he should have stayed to try and get the UK the best deal.

==============================

that is why i reckon he is an ashole!! if one wants lead people and ramping them to go that path, you should lead them all the way no matter how hard that road is. charging forward like a leader.

weighing both benefit and worse off. i reckon they should stay in EU for this time. but as i said i have less knowledge than you guys.

my view is based on more of economic than sentimental..... wrong or right time will tell.

Early bird,

Get real mate. He spent 25 years focused on getting the UK out of the EU and he succeeded.

Now it is over to the UK parliament to finish it.

Farage is not a member of the UK parliament.

You sound like some one who is complaining the para medics have driven the victim to the hospital and then quit to let the doctors take over.

You sound like some one who is complaining the para medics have driven the victim to the hospital and then quit to let the doctors take over.

=======================

you sound like compare the orange and apples.

Brexit voters need a leader to lead them go down that path. and your hero run away like a rat see a cat coming that is how see it!! :thumbdown:

It's done and dusted...end of story.

I don't doubt that whatsoever. Hence the PM moving aside for an exit supporter.

I did find it interesting that the referendum is not binding, not a suggestion it would not be. That is all. :)

My aside on the pound trade was to do with the suggestions deals or forms of accommodations will be done.

I've got no skin in this particular game but to me the stand out is that the Brits have asked a question without anyone knowing the answer. What does leaving the EU actually mean? Yeah yeah, preserve the English way of life, keep the continentals out etc etc but what model did the proponents of leaving have in mind? My impression is the UK is a bit like the dog that caught the car.

My admittedly likely ignorant view is that the UK's economy is sort of like Australia's but whereas we are over-reliant on mining and housing the Brits are over-reliant on professional services (as in legal and financial services) and housing. As Tyler Cowen highlights, present day London is a one off, totally out-of-the-box phenomenon, and I have read elsewhere that London and the UK generally is pretty much all about big finance, high-end legal services and housing (plus I suppose tourism to see the royals).

London is the richest city in Europe. Real output per person is central London is nearly four times the average in the European Union, and nearly twice that EuropeÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s other large, rich metropolitan areas, such as Amsterdam and Paris. Strikingly, London is more than twice as rich as the next richest region within Britain. However one slices it, the city is an extraordinary economic outlier.

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevo...of-the-day.html

If the Brits unsettle their professional services sector in moving to whatever model they decide to go with then not only will the City of London shrink but the whole economy will likely suffer.

Here is an article about whether Hong Kong could take advantage of the uncertainty about the City of London's future. My own guess is not, as the Europeans will want to something closer to Europe, the Arabs will want something in the Gulf and the Chinese will want something in China.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-cri...unity-hong-kong

• 5 weeks later...

In the last few weeks ranks of political experts have attempted to map and explain the divisions in British society exposed by the referendum vote to leave the European Union. A broad range of factors have been pondered over, including class, location and income. Now another perspective has come from the world of advertising, and based on research into the brands which are the most liked or used by Brexiters and Remainers. It suggests there are other profound cultural differences between the two sides beyond their attitude to the EU. www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-36970535

These are the brands with which the two sets of voters, Brexit and Remain, have the greatest affinity

Top 10 brands: Leave voters

1. HP Sauce
  2. Bisto
  3. ITV News
  4. The Health Lottery
  5. Birds Eye
  6. Iceland
  7. Sky News
  8. Cathedral City
  9. PG Tips
  10. Richmond sausages
Top 10 brands: Remain voters

1. BBC.co.uk
  2. BBC iPlayer
  3. Instagram
  4. London Underground
  5. Spotify
  6. Airbnb
  7. LinkedIn
  8. Virgin Trains
  9. Twitter
  10. EasyJet
or whatever. Love that class division. Born to Rule.

• 3 months later...