Trump

nipper

I would be surprised if he lasts 4 years T. Mad as a hatter.

I read that the ban effects only certain muslim countries, but ignores those with citizens directly involved in the 9/11 atrocities or any country where he has business interests.

Mo Farrar sums it up quite well.

On 1st January this year, Her Majesty The Queen made me a Knight of the Realm. On 27th January, President Donald Trump seems to have made me an alien.

I am a British citizen who has lived in America for the past six years - working hard, contributing to society, paying my taxes and bringing up our four children in the place they now call home. Now, me and many others like me are being told that we may not be welcome. ItÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s deeply troubling that I will have to tell my children that Daddy might not be able to come home - to explain why the President has introduced a policy that comes from a place of ignorance and prejudice.

I was welcomed into Britain from Somalia at eight years old and given the chance to succeed and realise my dreams. I have been proud to represent my country, win medals for the British people and receive the greatest honour of a knighthood. My story is an example of what can happen when you follow polices of compassion and understanding, not hate and isolation.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alethia

You seem to be in denial, or perhaps still fighting yesterday's battles. In case you missed it Donald Trump is now the President of the United States. Hillary Clinton is no longer an option and so has become irrelevent. Given where we are, the only credible alternative to Mr Trump is Mike Pence, the current Vice-President who if Mr Trump were impeached, or encouraged to retire, would become the 46th President leading up to the 2020 presidential elections (and then next in line is Paul Ryan).

From my perspective I don't particularly give a stuff what the yanks get up to. But if Mr Trump blunders badly or gets booted out then I think there is a strong chance that lots of money will be made and lost. As such I have a "contingent" interest.

Sorry Triage - I thought you might have missed the memo.

Trump is president - and I am happy happy happy.

So far typical American (and world) reaction to something new.

1969 USA landed on the moon. New worlds to explore. Never went back - happy in their dung heap.

2017 Trump president - opportunity to change their world view. What are they going to do?? Move out of the dung heap or slide back into warm comfort zone.

No contingency plan. Too hard for my little brain to see into the future.

This is the inside goss on Malcolm Turnball's phone conversation with Donald Trump over the weekend. Not sure how this info got out, seeing how it is claimed that only Mr Trump's two goons, Bannon and Spicer, and his national security advisor, Michael Flynn, were with Trump and the article claims that the source of the info was from within the US administration, not from our end. But anyway for what it is worth...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nation...b2e66d#comments

I've read that Trump's White House is already leaking like a sieve ... but surely if this info was leaked the leaking is a ploy by Mr Trump himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...-for-our-values

Sometimes itÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Malcolm Turnbull is now living on his knees. He is a man afraid ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ fearful of his backbench, fearful of the polls, fearful of losing his so-called ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“refugee dealÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ with the United States.

Australia has no need for a fearful prime minister. Right now, we desperately need a conviction leader.

==========================

may be politically biased, but she hit the nail this time!!

hope Turnbull can put all australian first, not f#$%%^ americans or china, japan....whoever that is. sad to see once a proud nation reduce to current stats.

we do need someone like Keating or Costello

from dumb ass K RUDD to shity ass Abbot-----this country had enough these imbeciles. :weirdsmiley: