Trump

nipper

Danville

You say...

I have also worked with the Trump campaign.

say no more

You are not exactly impartial..

Trump has achieved some things and failed on others. Just COVID was a big fail.

The Democrats are not perfect either.

The US political system with the way their supreme court justices are chosen on their political leanings is a very strange system...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its actually hilarious that post ...

Electronic fraud ?

I note the Orange person is tweeting HE WON ... right now. Such a joke outside his cult. So far 18 court cases rejected ....

As to treating dead people, I do sadly remember them digging a trench on an Island in NY. Is that what is meant by treatment ?

Each to their own and the orange person has 65 days left, likely filled with mayhem ... till he looses immunity from a blizzard of litigation.

On a serious note, that the USA president is NOT giving any real guidance for Covid 19, and well its winter coming. I sadly hope more people are taking more precautions in the USA. That the 7 day total is now 1,050,000 - people and RISING sharply, I hope, pray .... wish that it slows.

Wishing ... I suspect will not work and that nothing is occurring of any meaning to slow the rise is there any level they blink ?

Will 1.5 million in a week and 40,000 deaths for that week reported 30 days latter be it ?

Or will it be 2 million the peak of this wave ? Or 50,000 dead people in 7 days.

Weather is not working with the slowing process. When its freezing outside, sadly the virus with no brain, much like most of the GOP .... it is more rapidly spread by denialists. Mixed messaging and total lack of lock-down and even wearing a mask is some attack on the fruitcakes rights.

Since how to slow a pandemic has been known since about the year 1400 and more so for the last 100 years, its strange to see the leaders of the world not able to find their collective behind. Sad and so so so sad.

The black death plagues of the 14th and 15th Century ..... so 600 years ago, people knew to flee the spread. Now in 2020 even wearing a mask to protect others or themselves is some imposition ?

Meanwhile back at the ranch .... my tantrum over loosing the election continues.

Me ?

Having commented on I suppose 1,000 plus stocks on this site .... over the years.

It must be me ?

Meanwhile In Trumpland, he twittered twice he won again as another set of legal cases got tossed. All in the last 24 hours.

Vaccine news, Moderna, on the face of it encouraging. How long it lasts another unknown factor.

Vaccine will not become much of an impact over the next 90 days as its deployed. Again issue in the USA with this due to childish petulant President.

Sadly so.

It took a mere 6 days to add 1 million cases in the USA and as such, whilst hopeful for the future, practical issues is that the next 10-20 weeks till mid 2021 for the USA remain an issue.

I hope for the best, but sadly, brainwashing and conspiracy theories abound.

USA for the record has 34 times the infection rates of Australia.

Yes we did have an outbreak, it is 34 times the rate and likely to be 50 times the rate.Whilst our actions in lock-down for nutters not welcome, 40,000 deaths is the flipside ...

That the USA election has not been conceded, Biden is being obstructed from organizing a takeover, no stimulus is in sight and as such no funds for deployment of said vaccine since the states are broke, the next 64 days of the Trump regime will be I suspect sad.

I am and have to admit enthused with the Moderna results given the awful previous trial results and reactions. issue of course is that its unlikely I suspect even 30% of Americans take the vaccine.

Overall good, but, I suspect a bumpy road in coming weeks.

I pray the USA actually takes heed of the numbers and more stay safe.

Again unlikely for 30% .... which is astounding and a sign of the times and what USA is in 2020.

Much has been written (particularly by one D Trump) about voter fraud in the US.

There is almost always a rider at the end that says something like "without any proof".

Well, they may have some now.

From NBC

A man who tried to run for mayor in Hawthorne is among two people charged in a voter fraud case in which thousands of fraudulent voter registration applications were allegedly submitted on behalf of homeless people, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced Tuesday.

Carlos Antonio De Bourbon Montenegro -- also known as Mark Anthony Gonsalves -- was set to be arraigned Tuesday in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom on 18 felony counts of voter fraud, 11 felony counts of procuring a false or forged instrument, two felony counts of perjury and one felony count of conspiracy to commit voter fraud, along with nine misdemeanor counts of interference with a prompt transfer of a completed affidavit, according to the District Attorney's Office.

Montenegro, 53, allegedly submitted more than 8,000 fraudulent voter registration applications between July and October, as well as allegedly falsifying names, addresses and signatures on nomination papers under penalty of perjury to run for mayor in Hawthorne.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat about being a right wing Trump supporter, as I have said before, I have no skin in this game.

I am not supporting one side or the other.

I am merely pointing out that the US voting system has more holes than a colander.

In this instance, its highly unlikely that this would overturn the results in CA, its a 40 million plus state, that has consistently been pro democrat in most recent times.

Mick

Sixteen federal prosectors assigned to monitor the 2020 election said they had not seen evidence of any substantial fraud. The assistant U.S. attorneys urged Attorney General William Barr to rescind his directive allowing investigators to pursue allegations of "vote tabulation irregularities" before results are certified, saying "the policy change was not based in fact." (Washington Post)

• The Trump campaign withdrew a central part of its lawsuit seeking to stop the certification of the election results in Pennsylvania. Trump's attorneys, in revised version of the lawsuit, removed allegations that election officials violated the Trump campaign's constitutional rights by limiting observers from watching votes being counted. Trump's campaign initially wanted 682,479 mail-in and absentee ballots to be thrown out, claiming they were processed without its representatives able to watch. Trump, meanwhile, has put Rudy Giuliani in charge of his campaign lawsuits related to the election. (Associated Press / The Guardian / New York Times / Politico / Washington Post)

• Lawsuits that tried to disrupt Biden's wins in four states are withdrawn. (CNN)

Election officials in Michigan’s largest county certified the presidential election results after Republican members of the board initially refused to certify the vote tallies. The four-member Wayne County Board of Canvassers had deadlocked on the day for Michigan counties to certify the vote – which Trump called “a beautiful thing†on Twitter. Hours later, however, the board — composed of two Republicans and two Democrats — reversed itself and unanimously agreed to certify the results and ask the secretary of state to conduct an independent audit. (Politico / Washington Post / CNN)

Trump fired the Department of Homeland Security director who repeatedly refuted Trump’s baseless claims of voter fraud. Christopher Krebs, the nation’s top election security official, was fired after his agency, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, released a statement calling the 2020 election “the most secure in American history.†Trump – in two misleading tweets about the security of the election – said Krebs’ termination was “effective immediately.†The former director acknowledged Trump’s action in a tweet: “Honored to serve. We did it right. Defend Today, Secure Tomrorow.†Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, called the move “pathetic and predictable from a president who views truth as his enemy.†(NPR / Associated Press / Washington Post /Axios / USA Today / The Guardian)

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows “can’t guarantee†that lawmakers will reach a deal to avert a mid-December shutdown. Congress and the White House have until Dec. 11 to approve new spending legislation to prevent the federal government from shutting down. (Washington Post)

No stimulus .... No money for testing let alone contact tracing .... White house Press person Kaley Dumbass called any move to wear masks or close restaurants Orwellian ... that it infringes on some right.

USA hit highest number of weekly infections and highest deaths since April. Sadly as the USA takes 31 days .... about 20 days after the event to report COVID deaths, sadly with the weekly 7 day average at 160,000 PLUS ... and 2.5% .. the weekly average is going to hit well above 3,000 verse the current 1,180 or so.

Will anything react ? USA stocks near all time highs, Presidential handover in a place never seen in 240 years. Yes nothing even close.Pandemic and bugger me .... lets buy stocks.

Sigh.

Not impossible.

In the context of the political crisis unfolding within the US, however, the Trump administration’s launching of a military confrontation with Iran—and the inevitable Iranian retaliation—could serve a definite and sinister political purpose. It would provide the pretext for the declaration of a national emergency, blocking the transfer of power and imposing martial law.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/11/24/saud-n24.html