A2M - THE A2 MILK COMPANY LIMITED

ShareCafe

Two of the largest positions in the fund right now have been a2 Milk and WiseTech Global. Both of these are stocks that have done tremendously well and whilst we remain very optimistic about their outlook, there's always a risk that any kind of stumble is going to be really harshly penalised by the market.

The great thing out of this reporting season was that both of those stocks really nailed their result and gave investors more confidence about their future prospects and have continued to do well.

a2 Milk: pursuing growth opportunities globally

a2 is so interesting because it's a food company and food companies aren't really known for their stellar growth profiles. a2 has a differentiated product. It actually has intellectual property protection around it. It's milk and milk products that are free of a1 protein. And they've been positioning very well around that to get a foothold into new markets. People are most familiar with infant formula into China, but they're also doing fresh milk into Asia and into US and into the UK.

All of this growth is being funded by their very strong position in fresh milk in Australia. a2 is actually the only national and the largest national milk brand in Australia. So, highly profitable in this market, and able to re-deploy those returns into growing a number of growth alternatives around the world.

Fidelity International

https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/why-w...wisetech-global

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Conversation with a mate
IÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢m all for optimism, bring it on JJ. CanÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t believe I sold A2M at $2.
A2M, can't believe I tacitly endorsed that view. But then, no-one ever went broke taking a profit

Strong and sustained buying. It is a cornered stock, attracting more and more buys, and hoarding. Why sell when it is rising to new highs every week.

The next key date is the AGM in Nov, where a trading update will be released.

For this bullish stock, any positive news can be the spark to a great rally.

Just two days ago, SP was heading towards $8. Yesterday, a pull back to $7.62, on high volume of $61 m. Today price dropped on opening to $7.34, volume was high at about $48 m in the first half hour.

Nothing on announcement or news.

I can never understand how the price of shares move. TA or FA don't work for me.