AAH

colaiscute

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to: Bryce on Friday 07/11/08 12:06am

Another CEO to bite the dust.

What has been achieved that has given the shareholders no joy in the last few years with a procession of Chairmen and CEOÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s?

In my view only rhetoric that had senior management take their eye of the ball and indulge in preserving a nice little nest egg for themselves with outrageous salaries Hopefully this is now at an end and the time is now right to put this company back in order and run it for the shareholders.

The buyback appears again to be the subject of derision with once again the price continuing to fall.

I am amazed that no announcement as to the start of the buyback was made ;only a statement that there was to be a buyback.

Surely the perpetrators of the previous buyback debacle should have no involvement in this current buyback

A litany of hopes that never came to fruition and acquisitions on the run is all we seem to have received.

These acquisitions have been a lifesaver for some but not for the shareholders of Arana.

A stream of presentations that delivered nothing and attendances at conferences around the world bought no new investors on board and has been just a waste of money.

I have been advised that Arana attended more conferences than the rest of the Australian Biotechs put together without little if any tangible results

The new Board has been aware of this debacle and to give them their due, are attempting to rectify the situation.

Why then canÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t this Company attract investors?

Because in the past they have never finished anything they started and have run hot and cold with purchases and disposals and hyped up announcements.

This was probably because there was money in the bank to enable them to do so and a flamboyant style that had no basis but gave them a free reign.

More work needs to be done on the management side and I am sure the Board are aware of this now that the Board has management that understand the industry.

Just stop repeating that Arana has all this money in the Bank and look to what you are supposed to be doing and that is developing revenue.

The new board is acutely aware of the past and I hope that they will continue to address these issues.

The major shareholders are certainly aware of this and concerned about where the share price is as are we shareholders

If this CompanyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s charter was to be an investor then this is what you should be, but this is not the case.

This company would not be paying the excessive salaries and bonuses if the Domantis windfall had not come their way.

You only have to compare the salaries of the Evogenix employees and most other BiotechÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s to those of Arana.

The new board has thankfully addressed performance but much more needs to be done in this financial climate.

So in my humble opinion if this Company is ever going to go anywhere, forget for the moment looking for a new CEO outside the Company and appoint someone from inside the Company.

Dr Fuller for example is articulate and fully cognizant, of what Arana is about and has achieved with the fellow scientists some notable milestones that augers well for the Company.

He is eminently qualified medically and in pharmacology and understands the business and dealing with the authorities.

Just read the announcement of his appointment and see what has been accomplished since he has come on board.

He seems to have a grasp of what direction the company needs to go and cast aside at least for the moment those projects that are not going to enhance the value of the company in the short term.

More importantly he has been able to get the major projects moving as the recent announcement shows.

If you read through the announcements it demonstrates he has been developing an orderly strategy something that has been missing.

To appoint someone from outside will take months for them to settle into the position and unsettle the running of the Company.

If the board is satisfied that the research is proceeding in the right direction then Dr Fuller is able to present the Company's products to those interested parties with a full understanding of its goals.

The ever-declining share price is the most worrying feature and it is imperative that getting product to produce revenue should be the sole aim. The reason that I raised Dr Fuller's name is that as Arana goes into Phase 2 trials it is necessary to have a spokesman fully acquainted with the research who knows what the scientists are working on.

This is just a suggestion. Others might have an alternative. But my sole purpose is to see this company deliver the rewards we have all waited so long to reap.

Now is the time to stop the pussyfooting around.

In reply to: sputnik on Friday 07/11/08 08:20am

Personally ,I'd like to see professional headhunters involved and a professional world wide search undertaken . We need and have the money to pay for a big name in the industry who has an impeccable reputation. Nothing against Dr Fuller but we need more than a polite manner.

In reply to: theadder on Sunday 09/11/08 06:54pm

Alas poor Peppie, I knew him well. But he died in the jungle in 2002, along with many hopes and dreams - Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax, Of cabbages--and kings, And why the sea is boiling hot, And whether pigs have wings. And whether Peppie would reach $25!!

QUOTE (itm54 @ Sunday 09/11/08 08:31pm)

itm54 I suppose if we can't have "Peppie in the Jungle"

that will have to do

"The time has come," the Walrus said,

"To talk of many things:

Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--

Of cabbages--and kings--

And why the sea is boiling hot--

And whether pigs have wings."

http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/walrus.html

Where are you JUB JUB???

In reply to: theadder on Sunday 09/11/08 08:16pm

Nice to see you back on line "Iron Mike"

If one thing has come of the Peppy travesty is that of mateship... So many have come and gone and hoped for and lost hope for dreams of better things... Life is a fulfilment of better dayz ahead .. and that of our family...

Who ever would have thought that Peppy would play such a big role in our every day lives...

I work with 50 guys, day in and day out. My morning greeting is every day the same from my colleges... "Hows Peppy going today matee?'" they say..

One day I wish to just reply with a smile...

Cheers

In reply to: theadder on Monday 10/11/08 10:12am

Like a headless chook, arana can get up on and present to the world how much money we have, late stage everything (including delivery of promises). Who needs a head. lets just leave the dog and the monkey where they are! http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/grrr.gif

post-16-1226288049.jpg