RAP - RESAPP HEALTH LIMITED

ShareCafe

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of sad stories on HC, with one punter suggesting "My family has bailed with massive loses, close to 600k.", another "family and friends have suffered a massive, almost catastrophic blow approx 623k ".

These spec stocks are high risk and I cannot for the life of me understand how people can put so much money into them without having stop losses in place. This was one of the most ramped stocks on HC in recent times. Day Traders usually walk away from these stocks OK, but those not as experienced are left with the losses. A real shame, and I hope they can recover some of their losses - for some who eventually sold out it's already too late.

Not wanting to skite, but sometimes the only University-of-Common-Sense approach should be "what's wrong with the following statement?"

RAP developed an app-based algorithm to detect respiratory disorders, which allows for remote or face-to-face diagnosis with a higher accuracy than a stethoscope

We don't self-diagnose.

We usually only have 10-12 apps on a phone

A professional would utilise more skills than employing an app

All of the above.

Also; one trick pony, who's going to stump up money for something without reputation or credibility?

LOL.

Call me old fashioned but I'll take the stethoscope over a smartphone app any day - especially to determine the cause of a cough. Does the app determine if the cough is something more serious like lung cancer? So you cough into the phone, it tells you you have pneumonia - what then? You still have to go to the doctor for confirmation and treatment.

Was just looking into some of the other apps that can save your life

PRIORI

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN

WHAT IT DOES: Predicts bipolar episodes before they occur

HOW IT WORKS: This always-on app records a patient's voice during phone calls, listening for changes in speech patterns, such as speed, that might indicate the onset of a depressive or manic episode. Doctors or caregivers will receive alerts when intervention is needed.

APNEAAPP

UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON

WHAT IT DOES: Diagnoses sleep apnea, a condition in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts during sleep

HOW IT WORKS: Inaudible sonar sound waves from the phone's speaker bounce off a patient's body and back to the phone. Variations in breathing alter the signal, allowing algorithms in the app to determine whether or not apnea is present.

Never read those but though I feel for them, I ask why would you do it with this type of stock? Again why didn't they free carry at the very least? :biggrin: My answer maybe in that the Australian results we impressive so the thinking was the US would be similar. Still personally there's no way I'd risk those sort of money on this type of stock! :biggrin:

Shite! 600k on a speccy?! True believers there. Poor buggers. It's the same story, people get too emotionally involved and "fall in love" with a stock or an idea that can't possibly fail.

I think most of us have done it. I certainly have, but nothing remotely close to 600k, there's no coming back from that for the vast majority of people.

Resapp Searches For Remedy

BY TIM BOREHAM - 11/08/2017

The moral of the story for investors is that when comes to clinical studies, the dangers increase the more expansive the trials become.

The lesson for patients is the stethoscope-wielding doc remains the best way to diagnose respiratory diseases, which account for the lionÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s share of GP visits.

http://www.sharecafe.com.au/tim_boreham.as...AV&ai=45155

post-330173-1502704900_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

and still they keep coming

An international flu symposium in Melbourne this week will hear an update from clinical trials of the device designed to give doctors and patients a simple and quick flu diagnosis. The ellume.lab works through an app instructing the patient or GP how to take a nasal swab and put the sample on a test cartridge which is inserted into a smartphone. The result is displayed on the phone along with advice on contacting medical services...

...student P.G., 23, used the new test, along with a conventional test, in his GP's office. He returned a positive result for influenza A and said the ellume.lab test felt less invasive. "I think it's definitely a better system than the alternative, particularly for children and the elderly, to get your hands on something so simple to use."

If approved, the test could be available in GP clinics next year and sold by chemists for about $20 per test by the 2019 flu season.

"take a nasal swab and put the sample on a test cartridge which is inserted into a smartphone".. blah blah

• 11 months later...
The lesson for patients is the stethoscope-wielding doc remains the best way to diagnose respiratory disease

Yep. Sadly shareholders got a reality check today - coughing into an app is not the best way to diagnose respiratory illnesses :sadsmiley02: SP dived 53%

In the case of 429 patients (33% of the total) agreement on the clinical diagnosis was not reached between two adjudicators and a third adjudicator was required to reach a majority consensus, which highlights the scale of the challenge faced when diagnosing respiratory illnesses