MNS - MAGNIS ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES LTD

bereal

The SP looks far worse if you look at the chart from June 2016, its going to take some thing massive to turn it around.

Why just look at MNS? What about other graphite hopefuls - the ones that are left in the sector? At the height of the graphite boom there were in excess of 200 companies in that sector - many have moved on.

Here's a couple of charts (African peers) that all show a similar trajectory - including the grand daddy of them all - SYR who actually have built a mine, is producing, but can't make any money ATM and, unfortunately, is part of the problem for the rest. All require a massive turnaround story.

MNS's massive story will be if they can conclude financing one or two of their projects. Similar for the others. SYR needs a different solution - demand pick up along with pricing, and operational improvements at Balama. BAM will take a while for customer qualification for their uSPG

post-330173-1573089258_thumb.png

post-330173-1573089335_thumb.png

post-330173-1573089351_thumb.png

post-330173-1573089368_thumb.png

post-330173-1573089791_thumb.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matt Canavan this afternoon announced a review of the $5 billion NAIF. This will be FOURTH review since its inception, and under his watch. What a joke. No doubt this will hold up investment decisions in the pipeline that were expected to be announced before the years end - probably including the Imperium3 Townsville Battery Plant - which could be why the SP is tanking

Last year the Turnbull Govt awarded Department of Industry businessman and prominent Liberal Party supporter Tony Shepherd a $55,000 contract to conduct a 17-day review of NAIF

The former Business Council of Australia boss delivered the review in January, but the government has no plans to make it public.

While Mr Shepherd would have been paid $30oo a day under the original parameters of the contract, officials told a Senate estimates committee last week that the review came in under budget but took several weeks longer than expected.

Resources Minister Matt Canavan said the review, which was not announced by the government, was "very good value" and it would be wrong to call it an example of "jobs for the boys".

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/aud...304-p4z2qi.html

So the last review was tabled in January 2019 - wasn't made public but was "good value" - according to the minster in charge. If it was good value why not make it public and why do we need another review just 10 months later.

I thought this government was all about supporting businesses and growing jobs in regional Australia,not to mention cutting red tape, yet here we are with another "review"/ more paperwork :sadsmiley02:

https://www.minister.industry.gov.au/minist...ucture-facility

###I thought this government was all about supporting businesses and growing jobs in regional Australia,not to mention cutting red tape, yet here we are with another "review"/ more paperwork :sadsmiley02: ###

Well when it comes to growing jobs in regional Australia all these Gov reviews do keep certain people employed on a very good salary, nice work if you are one of them.

Good article that some long term holders wish they had read long ago.

Readers might enjoy this article. It discusses catching falling knives, investment biases and why people hold stocks that are falling in price dramatically despite what they see on their screens week in week out, month on month.. Some readers may even find parallels relating to discussions in this forum.

https://thedeepdish.org/catching-a-falling-knife/

Sunk-cost fallacy:

I had ample opportunity to cut my losses and sell out, but I was way too heavily invested in the company (literally and figuratively). The sunk-cost fallacy is linked to loss aversion âââہ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ people hate losing much more than they enjoy winning. And so, rather than take a haircut and officially become a Loser, I kept throwing more good money onto the smouldering dumpster fire

You, and johnyb26 who originally posted this article on HC (you might want to acknowledge your source) might "enjoy" this article - it explains what catching a FALLING KNIFE actually is - A RAPID DROP in the share price

Clearly when you compare the MNS chart to the example in the linked article, the MNS SP has been on a gradual decline (for many reasons), but it is NOT a falling knife.

You need to do a bit of your own research and stop cherry picking posts from HC, that are clearly wrong/biased, to suit your agenda

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fallingknife.asp

post-330173-1573603590_thumb.png

A recent example of an ASX listed company that experienced a rapid SP fall - WTC. You can see the stock went from $35 to $24-ish before stabilizing.

post-330173-1573604188_thumb.png