RLE

ShareCafe

a view on RLE from 9 months ago
Ord Minnett, which does not have a rating on the stock, does not see Real becoming a producer in the near or medium-term, believing it will instead look to sell out of its ventures. "Real's business model is similar to the junior coal seam gas sector: identifying the presence of large gas resources to attract the interest of well-funded companies with the capability and patience to develop the (sizeable) assets," Ord Minnett analyst John Young said.
pity a 50% drop in oil price between then and now

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nipper, check the AFR article I posted today regarding the disconnect between gas prices for the region verses oils performance.

I agree its most likely a take out at some stage though the company also says it wants to be a tier 1 gas company.

The acid test is the flow rates. Hopefully the quarterly report this week will shed some light on the timeframes involved.

The discussions with Invitec Pivot may have got a shot in the arm given Arrows inability to supply gas at agreed amounts. IP will be looking for more supply which is good for RLE given the relationship already formed.

Calculated risk mate but my tip is a t/o. Beach and and at least one other from previous recent stories I have read may still be snooping about. With this and this week's results at 12-13 cents I plunged in as I tip a t/o at anywhere from 25 to 40 cents! :biggrin: As usual pdyor.

volume on the highs = nobody of size is interested except sellers

calculated risk is lower when you buy shares going up, not going down.

Trying to pick lows is about ego not risk mitigation, but feel free to keep losing money buying the wrong direction, its your prerogative.

Cheers, M

AFR article from May 2015 regarding interest in RLE:

AFR Article on Beach, Seven Group and Real.

Beach Energy is believed to be considering an offer for Cooper Basin junior Real Energy, in a deal which could spark long-awaited consolidation in the region. It is understood Beach's board is mulling an offer for the $30 million Real in the wake of Real's letter of intent with Incitec Pivot. Real announced this week it was working with Incitec to come up with a 10-year gas supply agreement for the fertiliser giant.

Beach's emergence comes as Seven Group was also believed to have taken some interest in Real, although Seven has since sharpened its focus on Beach and Drillsearch, taking hefty stakes in both.

KKR & Co was also believed to have been scratching around Real, as Street Talk reported in February.

The interest also comes after Real announced it had increased acreage in the Cooper Basin, which managing director Scott Brown said should take it one step closer to developing a tier-one gas project in the region. Real shares closed at 18ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ on Wednesday, down about 26 per cent over the past year.