The Buy Price On Facebook I Am Dreaming About

inthemoneystocks

Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) has been taking a beating in the last few weeks. The stock topped out at $72.59 before dumping to a low today of $57.98. This is a dramatic $17.61 (24%) fall. So where does this become a no brainer buy? The level is $53.25 if it hits in the next three trading days. This level is based on a key gap fill as well as a time factor. Some of you may ask why it must hit it in the next three trading days? That is the time factor which is unbelievably important to any profitable trade.

Gareth Soloway

InTheMoneyStocks

http://d1tp1a0eiw1pql.cloudfront.net/images/stories/Gareth/2012_09/fb03.27.14.png

Kids are leaving it in droves.

The largest take up is with Geriatrics who don't know better. When they get clued up they will leave it also.

Sorry I can 't remember the name of the site the kids are switching to. Do a Google it should tell you..

Huffingtonpost

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/23/f..._n_4150940.html

For the first time since the launch of Piper Jaffray's semi-annual report on the habits of American teens, Facebook lost its spot as the most important social network among teenagers.

Facebook's popularity among teen users has been on a steady slide, with many complaining that its size, privacy risks and tendency to incite drama has made it a "social burden." Just 23 percent of teens now deem Facebook the most important site, down from 42 percent from a year ago, according to Piper Jaffray's survey. Facebook is tied with Instagram -- a social network a third its age, with a tenth as many users -- as the second most important social media service among teens. Twitter came out as number one.

The survey, which polled 8,650 teens, looks bad for Facebook, but it's not all good news for Twitter: Its popularity among teens has actually dropped 4 percent since the spring. And while Facebook might be less likeable to teens, there's evidence they're still using it more than any other social network. A quarter of teen social media users are on Twitter, 94 percent have Facebook profiles and 11 percent have Instagram accounts, according to Pew's 2013 report. Also, remember, Facebook owns Instagram.

The real winners of the Piper Jaffray survey are a bit harder to tease out. Certainly Instagram can celebrate -- the percentage of teens who consider it the top social site has nearly doubled in a year. The big growth of the "other" category suggests services like Vine and Snapchat, not specifically mentioned by the survey, are also taking off. Facebook, once the dominant social networking service, is facing competition from more niche sites, which seem to have real cachet among younger users. Facebook's attempt to replicate its way to lasting dominance doesn't look to be paying off.

Mark Zuckerberg has repeatedly insisted Facebook doesn't have a teen problem. He assured investors in July that Facebook had signed up virtually the entire population of American teens, whom he noted were using the site as actively then as they had in the preceding year-and-a-half. Using and joining Facebook is one thing. Liking it, however, is another.

• 1 year later...

Presently, I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles. Every day, I go down on the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before, and what I will do later. I show them pictures of my wife, my daughter, my dog and me gardening and spending time in my pool.

I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them.

And it works:

I already have 3 followers: 2 police officers and a psychiatrist.

• 6 years later...

and a bit later on.

Before earnings season kicked off, of the 62 analysts, or 84%, covering Meta Platforms [the new Facebook] advised buying it, in one of the highest levels of bullishness for companies covered by a similar number of analysts. Only two, both in Europe, recommended selling.

A measure of how much analysts disagreed with each other on their price targets showed there was relatively little argument. The standard deviation from the mean sat at 0.1, below 60 per cent of readings for the S&P 500 members that are covered by at least 30 brokerage firms. The lower the number, the more analysts’ price targets are clustered around the average reading.

Of course, investors may have been complacent about Meta, too. For the past few years, many have thought of the tech giants together as a single trade  ... buy them when you are bullish on risk and growth, sell when you are bearish. The recent decoupling of the Meta performance from Apple  and Amazon.com is a reminder that companies have their particular issues.

Analysts covering Meta underappreciated two major ones. Recent changes to Apple software for iPhones, which require that companies like Meta ask users for permission to gather data, made it hard to deliver targeted ads. The new privacy feature will slash $US10 billion from Meta’s sales in 2022, the company said, or about 8.5 per cent of Meta’s 2021 revenue.

The other problem was Facebook user growth, and signs of trouble were brewing for months. In October, a former data scientist at the company disclosed hundreds of internal documents. Some showed that the number of new teen sign-ups was falling and that young people were taking much longer to join Facebook than previously.