POLL: The Future Of Qantas

ShareCafe

POLL: The Future Of Qantas   

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Qantas but planes need updating and maintenance needs to be carried out in this country so that may give people lots of jobs and make sure our planes are safe.

It is a business afterall and if they cant run it at a profit then it needs to be taken over and run by people who know what they are doing but keep it under the Oz banner

I know someone who could fix their bottom line P Costello he would soon have it firing.

Badly managed cant be anything else.

Gov should dip in short term until its sorted by competent management.

Firstly I am biased as I worked in aviation for many, many years and have many mates at Qantas.

The board and Joyce are responsible for the company's performance. That's what the big bucks get you. Responsibility and the expectation you take it seriously.

He has failed to take responsibility for his errors under his watch. The company has done nothing but go down hill since he took over.

SP down the chute, no divvies, shrinking the network selling off assets etc.

The aviation landscape and its regulations have changed dramatically over the last 5-10 years or and they have failed to respond quickly enough or in the right fashion.

Strategic errors have been made.

Aircraft choice errors have been made.

Massive IR errors have been made.

Staff are the enemy and are treated with contempt.

Change management for regulatory changes has been poor hence they've gone nuclear now.

Jetstar has been nurtured at the cost of Qantas. Many say they have paid their bills for years.

They have engaged in a capacity war with Virgin but were out smarted when Virgin raised a few hundred million from its backers.

Grounded the airline rather than consult staff and its unions in a sensible fashion.

Spent (wasted) 100 million on a buyback at considerably higher prices.

In short staff are paying the price for major errors made by Joyce and co.

Many of the 5000 will not know who they are for sometime yet and many will continue to fly and work on aircraft under great stress and uncertainty.

I am not in favour of a loan guarantee as it is tantamount to endorsing current policy.

Changing of the Qantas Sales Act will allow more or total off shoring and likely a takeover by a foreign airline most likely one owned and backed by another government. To me that is unacceptable be it the yanks, poms or the emirates.

As weird as it sounds re-nationalisation makes more sense given many of Qantas' rivals are govt owned or backed. Between having them owned by a foreign state or our govt I'll go local thanks.

Policy that has lost thousands of jobs, alienated several major Australian cities where they longer fly from, lost market share, started low cost operations in Asia at great cost without profit, gifted routes to Jetstar, stopped flying to desirable destinations or serviced them inadequately to name a few.

Joyce at least must take the fall. Leigh Clifford should also go as he has backed Joyce to the hilt.

I call on them both to resign.

As far as I am concerned, the buck stops with A Joyce and the board.

Since he has been at the helm, Qantas has only gone backwards, if it

were the case of any Ceo running a company, any Co, and had he steered

that Co into the position Qantas are in, that Ceo would be down the road

with his head between his legs.

I tend to think sometimes, if he joyce has alterior motives, because for the

life of me, he does not act like a person, whom should be running the best

and safest Airline in the world. I SAY SACK HIM NOW,

I really think the government should, consider one of two options to save the

Company.

1/ Let Qantas bring a partner in, in other words another Airline, but limit it so

at least 25% remains Australian, that way we would end up with more destinations

and make more money, and this would keep the Flying Kangaroo viable, and the

workforce employed, I really feel for the employees, I myself have flown Qantas

every time I fly, and as some people have eluded to, they find the Qantas people

not friendly, what a lot of bullshit, my wife has flown Tiger and she hated it, talk

about being not friendly.

2/.

The Federal Government Pump some money in, so they can get the airline going the

way it should be, and if successful repay that money at a time worked out by the

parties.

The Federal Government has a duty to make sure that Qantas survives as far as I

am concerned, this government has its head up it own arse, because they have not

looked at the bigger picture into the future.

All the Engineers Aviation tradesmen will be lost forever if this were to happen, so

what I am getting at is, once these trades die they will be gone , and that is another

thing that shits me about A Joyce, we have the best in the world which is recognised

and he has been destroying it at a solid rate, Quality Engineers, and Aviation staff gone

forever.

Cheers.

Simmo.