How Can We Make ShareCafe Better For You?

ShareCafe

I am very puzzled by this post Arty. I simply don't understand it, perhaps I have a problem with my logic? I agree with Mystocks the problem here is a lack of posters. Over at HC which is clearly the dominant forum there is a very high proportion of posts that arguably have little content, but amongst them there are some useful posts, useful is subjective so no one is going to agree which they are. I have skimmed over your posts for the last few months. I see you are TA and I see you have posted on stocks like TON, CSS, CWE, and was it Mutiny gold. Some other stocks I forget and something on index trading. Some other posts not really related to investing like cricket and SF. The later intrigued me I looked up the book in Wiki. Do you propose I should have posted on these stocks or that I leave because I won't post on these threads or subjects? I cant see I can help you with new ideas in these areas, I don't do TA and I don't follow those stocks, I have nothing on these topics to contribute. I suspect you see little merit in the posts I make as they are not conventional.

If you and other posters like Mookie want new ideas why don't you start a thread on creative thinking and start generating these ideas specific to your requirements. There is no doubt plenty of information on creative thinking. A few years ago Edward Debono was the expert and he wrote a lot of books. Lateral thinking was one of his methods. I imagine there are lots of other approaches. Personally I favour a more physiological approach, I have a bias.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Boy,

My reply was directed at Mookie's post, not yours. Particularly in the context of year-long discussion in threads such as CVN, SLA, and the various "End of the World" topics, I have a contrasting view on "different ideas". What has been going on especially in CVN has been anything but. Yet, every time the logic of averaging down or holding on hope was questioned, the debate degenerated into a personal slanging match.

I have not the slightest problem with your thoughts on AGS or CUV, and least of all your poetry. Au contraire, I find it quirky and funny to read, which I appreciate, even though I can't "reply in kind". Neither do I have an issue with your not adding to the topics I write about, be they T/A in general or some setups for potential breakout trades. But we did agree on Taylah Paige, didn't we :)

As to HC: Sure, they may have more posters and more posts. But the site is unwieldy, and the glut of one-liners and ramps I find absolutely offputting. I much prefer to see an alert/ new post on a stock that alerts me to a game-changing event.

I much prefer to see an alert/ new post on a stock that alerts me to a game-changing event.

and that's the problem - Sometimes there are posts on only a few shares each day... and if they are not shares I am interested in then I just go back to HC

I always thought the site was a fair place to find INFORMATION ("wisdom of crowds" sort-of-thing) but when it gets to OPINION my interest wanes.

Easy to judge those posters bereft of ideas; Amusing so see the occasional dummy spit, too.

yeah, but ... that is "consensus opinion" which contains information (LOL).

I am all for heterogeneity (and full steam ahead; damn the torpedos). It is the sort of "he said, she said" point-scoring on many a blog / board that does little for me.

<< enough; back to sleep >>

• 1 month later...

Sharescene has almost reached the, lack of critical mass point, where the number of posts has dropped to a level where it is no longer worth visiting.I now go days and days between visits and when I do visit there is little of interest. Wonder if it is less people trading or perhaps everyone has gone to HC ?Whatever the cause, SS owners need to do something quickly or else their forum risks disappearing totally IMO

Maybe it can become the CUV only forum

You should know by now Mr this is the crash crew doom and gloom forum.

Post anything which is actually useful for trading purposes and it is ignored

Post some crazy hair brained conspiracy scenario and your a hero.

Laugh of the week is the discussion about how yellen should do something just cause a couple of blokes in

australia are befuddled about world affairs LOL.

Then we have the bank bashing now that was a brilliant plan.

CBA drops $15 and did anyone make money?

No to busy investing in some crap uranium mining co LOL

Its a joke has to be.

Cs

It's all very disappointing. But I have to say, if you are mainly interested in the ASX200 or even mid-caps paying divs, SS hasn't been much of a forum for a long time. But just the same, I have picked up and continue to do so a lot of knowledge on trading from people like arty et al.

Not that HC is a lot better. I must have 30-40 stocks on my favourites and I look recently and it's wall to wall PEN (which is a distant prospect if that) or something similar. But at least smaller non-mining stocks do get a run amongst a few people.

Carsha and Mista its not hc I think the market is so dodgy here at present I know Im pretty chicken so much so Ive only got TLS and a few FMG. I should have shorted a couple of years ago so easy to pick when something overseas drops overnight but hey I didn't.

Re SS I see same old posts really CUV must be a gold mine as its always on and yet the volume is so low so doesnt interest me.

Perhaps we are all to blame just being lazy I think I know nobody seems interested in what I post anyway I usually answer myself.

But I do like SS there are times when there is some useful info when our good posters get back on like you two and a few others.

• ShareCafe changed the title to How Can We Make ShareCafe Better For You?