How Can We Make ShareCafe Better For You?

ShareCafe

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like ss has been under attack in recent days, with a number of nonsense posts appearing each morning and the site not being very stable from time to time (I have been getting database error messages in the last few days).

I suppose a lot of this stuff is taken care of all the time but which is mostly taken care of away from the public view.

Anyway I thought I'd give a shout out to the backroom dudes at ss who have to overcome this stuff so that we, the punters, can benefit from the sharing of views and information. Hang in there chaps and cheers. :)

Seems like ss has been under attack in recent days, with a number of nonsense posts appearing each morning and the site not being very stable from time to time (I have been getting database error messages in the last few days).

I suppose a lot of this stuff is taken care of all the time but which is mostly taken care of away from the public view.

Anyway I thought I'd give a shout out to the backroom dudes at ss who have to overcome this stuff so that we, the punters, can benefit from the sharing of views and information. Hang in there chaps and cheers.

yeah, I second that.

"what he said" :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Since last cleaning out my cookies folder, I have to login every day or more often, if I switched off for a while.

In the past, there was a tick box - I believe, under "Settings" - that enabled me to "stay logged in on this computer".

Has that option been removed? Or am I just too stupid to find it?

• 4 weeks later...

Getting a web attack warning when i do anything on sharescene at present from my virus protection??

An intrusion attempt by digifigroup.com.au was blocked!!

Whats the problem??

Category: Intrusion Prevention

Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,IPS Alert Name,Default Action,Action Taken,Attacking Computer,Attacker URL,Destination Address,Source Address,Traffic Description

2013-01-12 11:00:24,High,An intrusion attempt by digifigroup.com.au was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Web Attack: Exploit Toolkit Website 4,No Action Required,No Action Required,"digifigroup.com.au Attacking computer (223.252.34.65, 80)"

v1

Was also getting a similar message, about a trojan attack, as soon as I opened the ss logon page. My security package indicated that the attempt had been blocked but I steered clear of the ss site yesterday.

No such message today so either the ss team has done some housekeeping overnight (thanks team) or the malware has found a way around my security package (bugger) (?).

Hi Triage;

what security package do you use?

I have AVG and the Windoze Defender. Neither twitched at Sharescene.

Quite some time ago, I recall that an advertisement on the ss page would cause Firefox to block part of it; the reason given was that a "tracking cookie" was being used by a third party (the advertiser). That still doesn't necessarily mean that such a cookie will invade your computer and leave a Trojan - it's mainly used to tell the advertiser from which site you're coming when you link to their website from an ad. I still have third party cookies blocked and Firefox' built-in Security hasn't reported anything; if your security system complains about something along those lines, I'm inclined to suspect an over-reaction.

post-20537-1358036905.gif

• ShareCafe changed the title to How Can We Make ShareCafe Better For You?