How Can We Make ShareCafe Better For You?

ShareCafe

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the comments.

It is true that the most popular stocks on SS are more likely to be the stocks which attract 'traders' more so than 'investors' as quite simply SS members are generally more 'traders' than 'investors'.

That said, we are trying to cater for everyone!

Classifying stocks as strictly 'long' or 'short' term though wont work, as in every stock there are people taking all different kinds of traders (both long and short term).

Do you have any other suggestions?

Andrew

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: Edward I on Monday 25/07/05 03:31pm

G'day Ed,

The beauty of a forum like SS is that we, the posters, get to set the direction (within reason).

I have found that simply taking a deep breath and jumping in with a post that expresses your view/feelings/research on a stock attracts others that are interested in discussing those issues.

I am certainly not a trader and SS works for me.

influxweb & forrestgump,

Many thanks for sharing your views. FG, I guess you hit the nail on the head when you say that the beauty of the SS forum is that posters get to set the direction. IW, yeah I think you are right, the long term/short term thing would not be a good idea.

Regards

Ed

In reply to: NightStalker on Sunday 10/07/05 03:06pm

All,

We have moved back over to the main server hopefully everyone has already noticed the speed difference http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Thankyou

Sharescene.com

• 3 months later...

when i press <ADD REPLY>, and then type a reply, i can't save it. if telstra has disconnected me in the meantime, it means i can't send what i've typed and it is lost. i spend >$90 a month ADSL connection fee to telstra ... god knows why i get disconnected.

so i would like the facility to save stuff i type in the <ADD REPLY> box.

thanks for your suggestion...

The technical complexities of such a feature are probably not worth the benifits.

I think the occasional disconnection is so rare that it woudnt warrant the 20 hours of programming to implement such a solution.

If you are particularly worried my advice is:

write your posts in notepad or word on your computer, and then copy paste it to sharescene... if the post doesnt go through, you still have a copy

Hope this helps,

Geoff

Would it be possible to increase the size of the files we can use for avatars?

It is really an insignificant thing in the scheme of things, but I have noticed that other forums of which I am a member allow for much greater avatar file sizes, and these can be good for a laugh sometimes. Apart from that I am very happy with the performance of the site.

MM

The one thing that I would appreciate is the ability to reference to a thumbnail description of the company being discussed. Info like 52 week hi/lo, capital structure, etc. Aside from that I am extremely appreciative of this board. Really useful and overall, a classy bunch of posters. Thanks.

G'day,

In my wandering around SS I notice that a certain trend has developed. That is, a small group of people seem to have become experts in each individual stock/topic. A great resource.

When I come new to a stock, the first thing I am looking for is a quick, concise starting point and the answers to some elemental questions (that have probably already been asked and answered several times already)

Have you considered adding a "wiki" for each stock which could contain the essential detail and FAQ type questions, maintained by the members?

In reply to: forrestgump on Thursday 17/11/05 08:03am

Excellant point F.G

I am now a little more fussy with stock selection and look for more info as below,

would a an extra bonus if we had a link from S.S with up to date info .

Code: OBJ

LIMITED - ORDINARY

Unchanged Last: 2.2 Change: 0.0 (0%) 52-Week Range: 0.3-2.7

Total Class Issue: 275,000,000

CHESS Eligibility: CHESS eligible

Net Tangible Assets ($/share): -

Div. Payable Date: ---08/Sep/2004Open: - Ex. Div. Date: -Franked Pct: 0% Div. Rate/Share: 0

Earnings/Share: 1.4

P/E: 1.57

Market Cap (Undiluted): 6,050,000 Industry Sector: Information Technology

Previous Close: 2.2 Industry Group: Software & Services

Latest News

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ OBJ's Dermaportation moves to human clinical trials (RWE, 23 Nov 2004)

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ OBJ reports 500pc rise in drug delivery through skin (RWE, 22 Nov 2004)

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ OBJ encouraged by Dermaportation drug delivery trials (RWE, 16 Sep 2004)

Latest Company Announcements

Date Issuer Announcement View

24 Nov 2004 OBJ Broker Presentation View PDF

23 Nov 2004 OBJ Initial Director's Interest Notice View PDF

23 Nov 2004 OBJ Change of Director's Interest Notice View PDF

23 Nov 2004 OBJ Becoming a substantial holder View PDF

23 Nov 2004 OBJ Moves to Human Clinical Trials View PDF

22 Nov 2004 OBJ 500% increase in through-the-skin drug deliver View PDF

19 Nov 2004 OBJ Completion of Acqusition of Dermaportation View PDF

17 Nov 2004 OBJ Final Director's Interest Notice View PDF

• ShareCafe changed the title to How Can We Make ShareCafe Better For You?