CSR - CSR LIMITED

fisher1

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to: crookers on Thursday 23/11/06 12:10pm

crookers, you would expect CCL to rally from this news yet it hasnt. FGL must be up on t/o rumours again.

• 4 weeks later...
csr has finally settled a litigation case with a insurer ace who was seeking indemnity with a positive result is this the end or are there still more ?? good news for the sp up 15% since the start of dec http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
CSR on fire today! now in trading halt pending announcement. some pretty frantic buying this morning, so could be a t/o approach.

In reply to: Jay on Wednesday 17/01/07 10:21am

there was lots of speculation on hotcopper this morning regarding the t/o prior to the announcement. that may have also contributed to the brisk trade.

thu i was tempting to participate in the buying, i stayed out.

the company has since said "We are not aware of any impending takeover bid for the company,".

who knows if there is any truth to the rumour, but i'm not willing take the gamble.

In reply to: jaolsa on Wednesday 17/01/07 12:44pm

Question.

Does CSR still hold shares in RIN (Rinker)? if so this may be a reason for a takeover perhaps? as it would be one way for the Mexican company Cemex (spelling) to get a reasonable parcel of RIN ? not sure if they hold any or not? I see Rin is also up today?

In reply to: moosey on Wednesday 17/01/07 11:57am

don't think CSR still holds RIN shares moosey.

Dow Jones news wire is the one who first alarmed the market that CX will make a bid for RIN. RIN denying first then few hours later CX confirmed the bid. so i think the bider will show up soon.

In reply to: early birds on Wednesday 17/01/07 12:11pm

your right early birds....that was the chain of events leading up to rin (i was holding rin at the time and nearly fell over when i noticed the news flash on cnbc well before any market announcements).

however, it's a bit of gamble to jump in now. i'd rather wait for confirmation or some sell off before entering at current prices.

CSR doesnt hold any RIN shares at all.

Does anyone here have access to the DowJones article and if so would they mind posting it.

Thanks in advance.