Politics

ShareCafe

The Next Prime Minister  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it is a great budget,

signed Gina, Rupert, Google, Apple, big miners, banks, superannuation ticket clippers etc.

If it is good enough to hit the bottom end and middle of society, it is good enough to hit the top and they have done nothing.

The age of entitlement lives on.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is good enough to hit the top and they have done nothing.

Nothing? talk to any tradie working up north or even worse offshore in the oil industry, they have uncomfortable shift patterns, work in usually quite dangerous environments, miss their families and already pay about 50% in income tax, if this goes through many will choose to live in Hong Kong, Switzerland--and who could blame them, in general they don't mob their Cabinet Members dressed in teacloths and banging drums with tea cosies on their heads while enjoying sheltered educational lifestyles at our expense, fair shake of the sauce bottle :blink:

Flower I have been working here with awful unsociable shift patterns for 25 years to earn better money . Oz is still one of the best places on earth to live in even when I pay more and I won't be toddling of overseas anytime yet.

By the way tradies are not 'top end' they are chicken $#!T compared to the likes i was referring to. And if they want to they can go.

Flower I have been working here with awful unsociable shift patterns for 25 years to earn better money . Oz is still one of the best places on earth to live in even when I pay more and I won't be toddling of overseas anytime yet.

Agreed, didn't imply otherwise

By the way tradies are not 'top end' they are chicken $#!T compared to the likes i was referring to. And if they want to they can go.

Sorry, didn't understand where you were coming from, tradies aren't quite chicken shit at $300K a year, however if you want to affect Gina, Rupert, Google, Apple, big miners, banks, superannuation ticket clippers etc. then you are talking akin to nationalisation----so you don't want profitable employers who are the big hitters you refer to? The ABC tonight will no doubt support you as they grill Joe Hockey.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone

I don't see much written about the upcoming election...Does anyone have an opinion on how things will be if Turnbull wins? will he do some nasty things

then what if Shorton wins more debt? more refo's and disaster? (our social security bills blows out)

If the senate is ful of independants n micro parties like One nation and Australian Liberty Alliance how will that affect our economy???

cheers

Harry

• 4 years later...

I know everyone has been following the NT elections with rapturous interest.

As has been the case in all the most recent elections, inner city residents voted for Labor, whilst those outside the inner city voted for someone else.

We continue to be a divided nation.

One of the interesting things about the NT is that it has about 250,00 people, of which somewhere around 141,00 are eligible voters.

It has 25 members elected to the Legislative assembly.

Thats 1 polly for every 5,640 people.

NT electors should have little trouble having a personal one on one meeting with their reps.

ACT has the same number of members, but at over twice the population, its 12,047 electors per poly.

Tassie's 40 reps for their 389,310 electors have 9,732 electors per rep.

SA and WA are almost identical with 17,700 electors per rep.

Victoria, which has the highest number of politicians (216) outside the Feds comes next at 19,679

NSW comes in at 33,382 electors per poliie.

The highest state is Queensland with 35,548 electors per polly.

All of them pale into insignificance compared to our Federal parliament where the 16,635,280 electors have 227 reps and senators which comes in at 73,284 electors per polly.

That does not include the 563 local governments but don't list anywhere how many each council has, but assuming that they have an average if 7 councillors each (can't have an even number, to eliminate tied votes), theres another 4000 odd reps. And of course we are more than likely going to get an Indigenous parliament of some sort , maybe one for each state as well as federally.,

Who says we are over governed.

Mick