Tejay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Mate,

Seeing the world is pretty much based on the movments of the DJIA I was talking about the DJIA, thus rising prices falling volume.... dow theory etc.

The easiest place for you to view this would be www.bigcharts.com use DJIA in the symbol box for the Dow.

Cheers

Tejay

By "market top time to get out guys",what do you mean? a short term top, with a retracement or a bigger top. Sorry just trying to understand your reasoning, as I see it a tad different.

Cheers

A 2% fall is not a correction it can do that in one night, 5% is to small as well, if it does only do a 5% correction then we would be in a new bull market, this can not happen yet. The Dow's end target is 9000 and with consumer confidence figures going negative and inflation starting to rise plus the interest rate rise coming in the next few weeks it will be going down. Its next two respective targets are 9500 then 9000, 9000 is just a return to a head and shoulders pattern and is a fib retracement, that is why i support the 9000 target. However 9500 is also a fib target and a major support level, I would settle for 9500. Last night is the peak in the recent up turn, it is no heading to 9500, I have no doubt about this.

Cheers

tejay

Sorry BSA and Sb2000 missed your last 2 post while I was writting that one, yea long term we are in a strong bull market until 2008ish, but for now short term and medium term is down.

Cheers

Tejay

Be careful what you wish for lads !!!!

-------------------------

A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that, in being made, actually causes itself to become true.

For example, in the stock market A stock market is a market for the trading of publicly held company stocks or shares and associated financial instruments (including stock options, convertibles and stock index futures). Traditionally such markets were open-outcry where trading occurred on the floor of an exchange. These days increasingly the markets are cyber-markets with buying and selling occurring via online real-time matching of orders placed by buyers and sellers.

if it is widely believed that a crash A stock market crash is a sudden dramatic loss of value of shares of stock in corporations. Crashes often follow speculative stock market bubbles such as the dot-com boom.

The most famous crash in 1929, when the Dow dropped 50%, preceded the Great Depression. The succeeding years saw the Dow drop a total of over 85%.

There was also a crash or "adjustment" on Monday October 19, 1987, known in financial circles as Black Monday, when the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 22% of its value in one day, bringing to an end a five-year bull run. The FTSE lost 10.8% on that Monday and a further 12.2% the following day. The pattern was repeated across the world.

------------------------------

http://www.webref.org/sociology/s/self-ful...ng_prophecy.htm

The prediction of events that do in fact come about, because of one's belief in the prediction and enactment or lack of enactment on that belief, thus reinforcing the belief, i.e., if a person or group predicts and deeply believes that certain events will come about, that person or group will (sometimes unconsciously) modify behaviors or engage in those behaviors that will create those situations that will cause the predicted events to come about. Robert K. Merton developed this concept out of his interpretation of W. I. Thomas' "definition of the situation," i.e., "If men define things as real, they are real in their consequences." An example of a self-fulfilling prophecy would be a stock market crash - you would lose your money if you don't get out as quickly as possible, so you sell and so do many others, and, indeed, many people lose money because the values of the stocks decrease.

Tex.

The point is, you guys are talking yourself into believing that the market will fall.

I'd say you're right to a point, just about anyone can predict a pullback when the market is at all time highs.

The question is "when" and by "how much" http://67.15.69.120/html/emoticons/icon14.gif

Tex.