PEO

one fat lady

http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I think People Telecom should take a good look at

( MTU ) Telecommunications, only one third the size

of PEO and have steadily been increasing Divs over

the last four years to 10% plus 100 franking.

Think about it folks.

Regards West.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Sydney ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ 19 July 2007 ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ People Telecom (ASX/NZX: PEO) today announced a planned onmarket
buy-back of People Telecom shares during coming months.  The announcement follows the recent sale of People TelecomÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Perth Corporate Data business.
People Telecom Directors believe it is appropriate to return to the CompanyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s shareholders
some of the proceeds of the sale that are surplus to working capital requirements, and have
resolved to achieve this via the on-market share buy-back program.
The on-market share buy-back will commence following the release of People TelecomÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s results
for the 2006-07 financial year, on or before 28 August 2007.
People Telecom currently has 307,823,854 shares on issue and proposes to buy-back up to
30,782,385 shares (being 10% of People TelecomÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s share capital).

Hmmm. Don't tell me the employees of PEO are getting shares as a bonus! Either that or the "Fab 4" Directors want to offload some shares. Forget it mate, not even my namesake would fall for thie "old shareback scam". If the company has surplus cash, then a dividend would make more sense, and also, funnily enough, push the SP up. But then the "Fab 4" would probably make a loss selling Whale Meat to Japan.

In reply to: JohnHoward on Thursday 26/07/07 08:32pm

http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Hi John. Just one cent div would push up the share price. I just d'nt understand

why they are going down this road. I had hoped that this Stanton chap

would turn the stock around but me seems to-be just a WIMP.

http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif SC

In reply to: Sea change on Friday 27/07/07 01:04pm

And the 1c divi would cost about the same as the onmarket buyback. I am not going to comment on Stanton, except to say he is ex telstra, from the days when my dog could manager better than their managers. But, maybe they might suprise us all and come out with some good results in August.

In reply to: JohnHoward on Friday 27/07/07 02:45pm

And the sellers keep coming. Who are they? and why, when I buyback has been abbounced? The stench of fish is getting stronger. But I bet the ASX surveillience lot have their pegs firmly attached to their noses. A waste of money that lot.

• 5 months later...