NEWS PAPER OR MEDIA ARTICLES

blueice

But anyway I reckon there is more to it than just local brands suffering from competition from foreign operators. In the two big shopping centres I frequent in the ACT there are shopfronts boarded up all over the place. I remember in the months leading into the 1990 recession you could see a wave of shops being vacated in regional cities and suburban centres. It was only when the full force of the recession hit that the effects became manifest on the high street. This time around even A grade retail locations are buckling even though talk of a recession is still only on the margins.

And yet surprisingly, January had a strong growth in full time jobs.

Australian employers have started the year on the hunt for workers, with 39,100 new jobs being created in January.

The surge in recruitment targeted full-time work, with an impressive 65,400 positions added, while part-time work fell by 26,300 jobs.

However, it was not enough to move the unemployment dial, which stayed put at 5 per cent in seasonally adjusted terms.

The solid number saw a spike in the Australian dollar which jumped back above 72 US cents.

From ABC News

Given the level of immigration, its no great surprise that the unemployment rate stays the same.

However, one suspects that if the level of immigration were cut, the no of jobs required would also fall.

Would be great to have a free reign to acess the Bureau of Stats database.

Would be a data miners dream. Particularly if one could cross reference it with the ATO database.

Mick

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mick - though as it was pointed out on macrobusiness employment is a lagging indicator, many of the leading indicators are showing that a downturn will make itself obvious in a couple of months or so.

And yeah lots of the stats are totally screwed up by the unprecedented numbers of migrants being allowed in. For instance I saw that after scummo promised to create a million new jobs some analyst worked out that almost all the new jobs will be created as a result of the migration numbers and that almost all of the jobs created will go to migrants, not locals. So in terms of GDO per capita, wages growth and unemployment levels things will continue to go backwards. This country is likely already in a recession but no one knows about it (it's our wile e coyotee moment).

Anyone get into this stock before it took off? :biggrin:

Markets

Mysterious 8,500% Stock Gain Attracts Big Funds (And Big Questions)

Bloomberg News

February 22, 2019, 12:10 PM GMT+11

China Ding Yi Feng is the worldâââہ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢s top-performing big-cap stock

BlackRock, Vanguard index funds are among recent buyers

But ask local market veterans about China Ding Yi Feng Holdings Ltd., and theyâââہ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ll tell you the rally makes little sense. The investment-holding company has lost money for seven of the past eight years; its stock trades at one of highest valuations worldwide; and DYFâââہ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢s chairman, a Taoist scholar who boasts investing skills on par with those of Warren Buffett and George Soros, has recently been the subject of several critical reports in Chinese media.

read more - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...s-big-questions?

post-330173-1550802302_thumb.png

Amateurs!!
The big swell was expected to travel down the coast âââہ¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Sydney was forecast to receive two-metre waves by Sunday, but surfing conditions were likely to be hampered by offshore winds.

I am a regular reader of the Australian, and am not one of those subscribers the concept that all members of the Murdoch family are offspring of the devil himself.

Notwithstanding that, I am forced to admit that the SKY News website is just about the worst piece of crap I have ever come across.

Far more opinion and analysis than reporting of the news.

An abject failure.

Mick

the world is getting little heavier -----fight jet shoot down --break down the talks between Kim and Trump.......it goes on and on

so i like to relax myself and might be you guys

===========

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/deadly...wins/ar-BBUcc0H

=======

love these type of nature events, always amazed by them. somewhere i can hide myself. :o

Having been bitten by both a brown snake and a red back

=====================

wholly crap Mick! :o you just made my whole body hair stand up.................zhzzzzzzz!!

hi draughtsman, your sound you are really know that place well..... lucky you!! :P

nipper

i've seen red back in my front and back yard{{kill them with spry}----it is little in size. i'm amazed how can it take a relatively large snake down........ {something like "dog bites man"]