• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's News: Deloitte Study into future-proof industries

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/business/...e-in-new-areas/

Mining is central to WA's economy but five other areas have the potential to be economic drivers. They cover services for the growing number of retirees, digital health delivery, gas transport and infrastructure, ocean resources and solar advances.

Noting Tony's latest and to my mind most important policy announcement I would like to announce that our Arty has received a knighthood for services rendered to share scene.

Don of the Doji, Doyen of the Darvas, Master of the MACD and above all, Teacher of the Trinity, arise Sir Arthur of TA, or as he shall now be known, "Sir Art of the Chart". :biggrin:

Thank you for your kind words, Balance and Seconders :)

I feel deeply honored and humbled by such praise ... BUT ...

being a staunch Republican, the crown :king: won't fit.

You know how chartists look into the past, learn from it, and extrapolate the trend into the future.

Tony also looks into the past, but he doesn't learn from it and instead tries to extend ancient follies against any trend into the future.

Even the Pope has a Twitter account; maybe Tony could use a kind of "following" or "honor tick" to recognise merits. Look how the Scottish want to become independent. Are we Aussies so insecure that we need to crawl back under "Mommy's" petticoats? Meanwhile, she is mother to only a minority of contemporary Australians anyway?

Does anybody else have the feeling that law firms these days employ a permanent department of media spin ?

This article about the "devastated" Craig Thomson" pulls at my heart strings ......... NOT.

">Psychological reports reveal depths of Craig Thomson's depression</h1>

Cheers

J

Hi Art,

I do appreciate your immense contribution here and thought I would use a current hot topic to thank you and and at the same time, have some fun to have a shot at Tony "slap it into reverse and plant it" Abbott's backward looking new honours.

I'm aware of your stance on republicanism and was hoping for just that reply. :)

From Barry RitholzÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦

Stock promoters have a new way to play the new media game. In the past year or so, several finance websites -- including Forbes.com, Seeking Alpha, Wall St. Cheat Sheet, and others -- have published articles by authors who were allegedly paid to promote the stocks they were writing about. These articles were not labeled as advertisements and carried no disclosures that the authors had been compensated by their subjects.

In fact, on at least one of the websites -- stock blog Seeking Alpha -- the articles carried a disclosure stating the author had not received any compensation from anyone outside of Seeking Alpha to write the article. Seeking Alpha now admits that some of those disclosures were inaccurate.

Thank God none of our own greatly admired Stockbrokers would do such a thing.