DAILY GLOBAL NEWSPAPER ROUND UP

ShareScene Radio

• 12 years later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/us-sec...r-dr/ar-AAKxAtl

The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has used a partnership with Denmark's foreign intelligence unit to spy on senior officials of neighbouring countries, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, according to Danish state broadcaster DR.

According to the investigation which covered 2012 and 2014, the NSA used Danish information cables to spy on senior officials in Sweden, Norway, France and Germany, including former German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier and former German opposition leader Peer Steinbrück.

"It is grotesque that friendly intelligence services are indeed intercepting and spying on top representatives of other countries," Steinbrueck told German broadcaster ARD. "Politically I consider it a scandal."

Sweden's Defence Minister Peter Hultqvist told Swedish SVT broadcaster that he "demanded full information on these things." Norway's Defence Minister Frank Bakke-Jensen told broadcaster NRK that "take the allegations seriously."

=================================

not sure how "serious" they gonna go??/ because this shit happened long long time ago !!! :lol: serious?? give me a break!!

to be fair , you give anyone a chance they will do the same , in this case USA had superior technology to do so, so they did it. as Edward Snowden pointed out before this happened!!

not sure why the heck they bring this old story up again?? to me all the Govnt. are the same shit!! :weirdsmiley:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trump-...port/ar-AAKE0oS

Democrats who support Joe Biden don't want to hear anything about Donald Trump, and because Donald Trump is not on Twitter anymore, they think, therefore, he doesn't really exist," Haberman said. "Except he does really exist strongly in this right-wing ecosystem."

===================

the jackass back again?? :lol:

man, what a crazy world that is!!!!! :B):

• 1 month later...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/trust-...lity/ar-AAMubOa

Translating this to our present dreary, locked down situation, the evidence suggests that lockdowns work, governments need to govern, vaccines also work and libertarianism is not suited to the times.

===================

this article seems open up can of worms ... : :B):

my two bobs

everything have their both sides-----good and bad-------it's just matter of trade offs!! :P imho though!!

What sticks in my craw is the media telling me I'm confused. I'm not.

Lockdowns work, social distancing works, vaccines work, govts should be allowed to govern. Nothing is perfect. Le meglio è l'inimico del bene.

Getting through this is a game of odds. Some people are not good at assessing risk, some have the odds stacked against them. (actually the virus is pretty hopeless; a year and a half in, and only half a billion out of 8 billion have been infected). But the duty of care of our systems as they have evolved; political, health, social, economic, mean that we can not let it run wild. The Hippocratic oath is Do no harm and as the Romans worked out 2.5 millenia ago, civitas means citizen and also the root for civilised. Keep the greater good in mind.

Hey nipper, I think the whole idea is to keep everyone confused as much as possible. The media doesn't want any rational thinking being done, they want confusion and chaos ...... keeps the clicks going. Controversy is their staple diet, and they know how to get it.

Perhaps I am just cynical, but I don't trust any media source these days. They all want clicks and revenue .........

Cheers

J

ps Is there anything more hideous than the Ch 7 advertising for The Voice ??

... but I don't trust any media source these days. They all want clicks and revenue .........

In discussion with my neighbour one day about the media, he came up with this.:

Brasil produces some of the best coffee in the world, but if you go there, you find it is crap. And this is because they give it away, free cups with your café de manha, and replenished frequently. So it is a race to the bottom, cut corners and costs .

Same with media these days. We do not pay for it so the quality is abysmal. Race to the bottom, based on clicks because that is measured and hence sensationalised. No more who what where when why journalism.

(And frankly I am outraged! :) )

https://www.afr.com/policy/health-and-educa...20210721-p58brg

“I think Catherine [bennett] is underestimating things. Experts do have differing opinions.”

While some of the experts seek attention, others don’t embrace it. MacIntyre says she began avoiding interviews a year ago when they started overwhelming her work, which she regards as the search for truth in a confusing world.

“I did not expect to become so well-known in the general community,” she says. “I do not speak about anything I have no knowledge of.

“Science is science, and provides some objective reference point against which commentary should be measured.”

===========================

here you go nipper!! look at "10 most quoted experts view on a vaccination target" table

everyone have their own idea, keep going....... :lol:

mark my words-----" CAN OF WORMS" :lol: