PXS - PHARMAXIS LTD

donnerhal

Looks more like another PGL to me. Similar sort of events too. Alleged insider trading with protagonists not being prosecuted or even investigated coupled with naked shorting on the back of a "surprise" decision which is supposedly contra to PXS progressing its lead drug. I expect the outcome will be the same as PGL as well.

I wouldn't be going near this thing with a barge pole.

Hope I am wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

PXS receives positive approval from the EU.

Requests further study for children and adolescents, however don't forget physicans will likely perscribe bronchitol off label to this patient group all the same! fantastic news!!

im predicting $1.70-$2 on Monday. What a ride it has been...but importantly great news for CF sufferers

• 3 months later...

How come there was no mention of the inside trading and naked short when they got that knock back?

Wouldn't touch this in a million years. Not even the authorities want to investigate what is blatant illegality. Which means those who aren't on the inside haven't got a chance.

We need a precedent like below and the first place they should look is PXS and Citigroup.

Same thing happened with the insider trading probe on PGL and eG Capital. Sooner or later it all got swept under the carpet after the perfunctory lip service and now look at PGL.

Washington, D.C., Jan. 31, 2012 ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged two brothers living in Chicago and New York with naked short selling for failing to locate and deliver shares involved in short sales to broker-dealers.

Short sellers sell borrowed shares in hopes of profiting from declining prices. While short selling is legal, SEC rules require short sellers to locate shares to borrow before selling them short, and they must deliver the borrowed securities by a specified date. Market makers are excepted from the locate requirement when selling short in connection with bona-fide market making activities in the security for which the exception is claimed. Naked short selling occurs without having borrowed the securities to make delivery.

According to the SECÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s order instituting administrative proceedings against Jeffrey A. Wolfson and Robert A. Wolfson, they generated more than $17 million in ill-gotten gains from naked short selling transactions involving such stocks as Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc., Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd., Novastar Financial Inc., and NYSE Group. As Jeffrey Wolfson stated in a recorded telephone conversation, ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“What I sell them is not guaranteed, it never gets delivered, itÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s funny paper.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ

• 2 months later...
Is why I wouldn't touch PAB either. There are certain companies with certain people kicking around in them whose track record is so appallingly bad that it doesn't matter what argument one puts up or how right it is, it is enough to know the people alone merits a thumbs down on the stock.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I don't hold, but was reading the PXS shareholder update today.

It all looks very positive (but when is a shareholder update not positive?).

I see sales for the 3 months to 30th June are up an impressive 60% on the same period last year, but then COGS are up an even more impressive 142%, reducing the percentage gross margin from 72% to 58%.

The 12 months to 30th June is less pronounced sales +46%, COGS +53%.

Is there a simple reason for the increase in COGS in the 3 months to 30/6/12?

Cheers

Dr_Dazmo