RBC

ShareCafe

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it you find attractive about this one E? :)

I hold none but have often looked at it and wondered, but the share registry puts me off. The manglement team is ex-Fletchers and it was really a job for the boys. All indications are that is exactly what it is.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Between the ex-Fletchers gang and the lead broker being Citigroup, I always knew this would yield some clue to something at some stage.

Very suspicious trading right on the close today and the price taking a jump up.

Can be argued the volume is nothing so is meaningless. Not so in my book. The liquidity in this is so tinder dry it squeaks just thinking about it. There is also the fact this is closely tied in to the ligno-cellulose biofuel programme that includes GEN and Biojoule, ASX:MSF, CSR and TEN.

Looking at TEN we can see there is something going on there with the continual downward spiral of the price.

CSR has just announced they will look at breaking up the company or spinning out different units.

MSF is Brierley owned and he has his tentacles in CSR as well. Long termers will remember their (GPG) involvement in RBC as well. Hence the biofuel interest from the sugar side of things.

Its all a bit of a tapestry really with the common thread being biofuel.

• 2 weeks later...

Big line gone through the other day.

If we look at the players in the biofuel industry, I would say something is up.

First, the volumes in RBC and the desire of the directors to take stock in lieu of salary.

Then, CSR is raising capital in this environment. But make no mention of when stock might be issued and trading.

Aquaflow is doing the same. Offer closing Dec. 19 but can be extended and over subscriptions up to $10m to be accepted if desired. Ambitious to say the least. Like they stand a chance under the status quo.

GEN is expecting the balance of their Biojoule/PPG cash in December.

ROSG has just gone green with a focus on ligno-cellulose and algal biofuels.

By themselves each looks innocuous and may well be but my feeling is something else is at play. And I just can't see why anyone would want to give Aquaflow any cash unless they make some announcement that is so compelling you'd be a fool not to.

• 1 month later...

On Christmas Eve Capstone filed dox at the SEC in the US to allow for a $150m cap raising in a reverse split.

Capstone, an alternative energy company, came out of Fletcher Energy and peaked at $10bn US when FEG was carrying a market cap of $1.5bn NZ.

RBC is led by Hugh Fletcher and ex-Fletcher cronies with most of their time being spent on Arborgen, a green biofuel company which kind of puts Arbo and CPST on the same page.

I am picking CPST will reverse split to take in Arbo providing a huge windfall for RBC in the very near future.