• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Won't be able to afford to tow it !

Or are we talking trailer parks ?

Stuff the tent company, I'll buy a caravan park ...... see there is always an opportunity to cash in.

Do you think the arse will fall out of them too ?

"The point is that I have no debt, so I do not need to service a huge Loan, if it was not my home but an investment property and I had a huge debt on it, I would of sold probably in the first 2 quarters of last year."

Debt or no debt if you believe an asset is doing to fall 20-30% you'd be silly not to sell? If it was shares you'd think nothing of it, click, click, click... order placed.

The point I'm making is either A: You don't really believe a fall like that will happen, B: You understand the issues with selling property (costs, paper work and emotional) .

TheFerret I hope you understand I'm not really aiming this at you, I'm more using you as an example. You could sell but you won't because you don't have to (correct me if I read you wrong). How many other people feel the exact same way ?. As barnymauler pointed out, the market needs to drop between 10-15% for the sell now, buy in 12-24 months plan to "break even".

"I don't think you or I are silly enough to think that our posts can influence house prices."

There's a number of first home buyers reading this topic... it would be silly not to think we don't have "some" effect in their decision making process. It's also been shown before the media float around forums to get ideas, guage viewpoint etc... it's all butterfly theory effect.

Anyhow... any South Aussie want to go halves in the below at Black Point ?

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsear...p;tm=1237420960

Cheers

Matt

MM,

It's simple, if you wish to buy or sell, go ahead.

I'm not buying because rightly or wrongly I believe that prices will fall.

That's how markets are supposed to work, you back your judgement and I'll back mine (Govt intervention or not).

Cheers

Jasonjeroo,

Thanks for the insightful comment (I've learnt to expect them). What you think is a "massive sand plain" is just a paddock of dry grass.

A little research and you would have discovered Black Point is north facing beach (which is rare in SA) and hence it's extremely calm.

Cheers

Matt